Interview with Founder of QDMA

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
WiredToHunt

Interview with Founder of QDMA

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Hey guys, I actually posted this on another forum on D&DH last year, but I realized this would be pretty relevant to anyone reading the QDM forum here. I had the opportunity to interview Joe Hamilton, the founder of the QDMA, and he shared with me some really interesting stories and ideas. It's definitely a good read for anyone interested in QDM and you can check it out by following the link below.

Interview with Joe Hamilton, Founder of the QDMA
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

Everyday Hunter

RE: Interview with Founder of QDMA

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Good interview. I tried to go to vote for him, but couldn't. Must be the voting is closed.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Bob Olsen

Postby Bob Olsen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:48 pm

I think just like in the "Good ol' Day's" when people did not shoot Does', In the future even beginer's will not shoot Spikes and learn how to manage their local herd.  It's called "Evolution"

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 am

That was a good interview. 

This is basically what WI hunters have gotten thanks to CWD management and now everyone hates it because they don't see 20 deer every time they go into the woods. 

Wisconsin is a funny place.  We claim to be a leader and progressive in our thinking, yet when things change trying to keep the legacy of being leaders and progressive thinkers, the public screams like stuck pigs because it affects them personally! 

People are funny creatures, they want the best for themselves, but are the biggest hurdle to their own success.

I personally think WI Deer Hunting is on the right track and think that a couple simple tweaks to harvest regulations and State/County land management policy tweaks would go a long way to making it an even better place to deer hunt.

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management