Bears in Missouri

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Robert Rowland

Bears in Missouri

Postby Robert Rowland » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Has anyone here spotted the bear that has lost his bearings and is wandering around N.W. Missouri.  The last I heard he was spotted about 30 miles to my East Near I-35
We have bears in Southern Mo., and of course to our North in MN. and WI., but it is strange to have one around here.
There was a Moose that wandered through here several years ago. There were constant spottings until he got near Brunswick, Mo., and I think he is on a wall near there now.

EatDeer

RE: Bears in Missouri

Postby EatDeer » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:45 am

I've been hearing wierd sounds at night around here. I don't know what it is,it could be anything.    I hope the bears don't swim across the river into IL.   I've been more worried about ferral hogs infesting IL. lately,than wandering bears. 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:17 am

Hmmm. That is exactly where my property lies. Haven't heard the rumor, but I wouldn't be too suprised.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:39 am

I think the bear has been reported around Gallatin, which is a little south of our farm so haven't seen him.  Now cougars and wolves would be another story but no one believes me.

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:32 pm

The cougars are an easy sell for me. I have personally seen two of them over the years, one South of Chillicothe in 1987, and the last one near my house North of St. Joe in 1998. There was also one hit on I-435 down near K.C. a few years ago.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:15 am

Here in Southeast Missouri we have been seeing Bears,my Neighbor across the street from me has been seeing them in the early Spring every year now for the past 3 years.There was one hit by a vehicle in Cape County and another one was shot in Bollinger County after it kept damaging property and getting into a shed to get to some animal feed.It would have been better if they could have caught it in a Live Trap and transported the Bear further away.

Return to General Discussions