First Shed Antler Ever

The popular off-season pastime is quickly becoming a sport itself. Help cure antler illness by sharing your shed hunting tactics.
DeerAddict

First Shed Antler Ever

Postby DeerAddict » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Me and my dad look for sheds every year but never find any. We know there are bucks because we see them during the hunting season. We can find hundreds of rubs, scrapes, and all kinds of sign, but no sheds.

We have forest around a lake that the deer are always at, but we never find any sheds in it. We pass a lot of bucks there, and I shot two this year. It just seems like we would find more sheds since we see so many bucks.

On Saturday we went looking and counted 18 deer run out of that woods. We have a THICK swamp that's around the river that they bed in, it seems like there would be sheds in there but we couldn't find any. We searched it for half the day and didn't find anything but a few dead fawns. We were heading back to the house and found a shed 200 yards from the house! I found a broken off antler earlier this year, but other than that this is my first shed ever! (Hopefully not my last.)

Return to Shed Hunting