My son's second buck 11 pointer

pharmasea

My son's second buck 11 pointer

Postby pharmasea » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Hunting in Monroeville, AL this past Sat 1/22/2011 with my 11 year old son Alex. Morning hunt was uneventful, 3 spikes pasted by, but nothing else. Went back to camp for lunch and got ready for evening hunt. About 4pm some does already started to come out on powerline. About 5:15 a very small doe came out, looked at the other does for about 5 minutes without moving, then she didnt eat, just kept walking right past our stand and into the other side of the woods. Then right were she came out this 11pt buck stepped out, neck swollen and blowing smoke out his nostrils....really cool sight to see. Alex was sitting on my lap, leaned back and asked can I shoot him, I whispered yes and hurry. The buck followed in the little does trail, as he got 20 yards in front of us he saw Alex leaning forward to get a shot, looking straight up at us. I whispered shoot, he is going to run! He shot the buck right in the base of the throat and dropped him right there...no tracking this year!! Alex went CRAZY!! I had to hold onto him to make sure he didnt jump right out of the stand. What an awesome feeling to see your son get so excited. He might not remember this hunt 15 or 20 years from now, but I sure will.

Rutnut

RE: My son's second buck 11 pointer

Postby Rutnut » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 am

The smile on your sons face says it all. Glad to see you’re making great memories with him. Congratulations to both of you....Nice Buck!

Patriot

RE: My son's second buck 11 pointer

Postby Patriot » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:49 am

Hoorah Alex! .......and way to go Dad!

I'm sure you will both remember that moment for the rest of your lives.[:)][:)]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to Alabama