Anyone use one of these

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
MSHunter

Anyone use one of these

Postby MSHunter » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm

I couldn't find a better topic category to post under, but I'm curious if anyone uses one of these Therma - a - seats as advertised at SPG for deer or turkey hunting?

www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/self-sup ... x?a=471489

If so, what do you think? Are they worth the money?
Thanks.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

jbekes

RE: Anyone use one of these

Postby jbekes » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:38 am

Yes they are worth the money. I have one not that particular one but i have had one for a few years and I like it alot. The whole backrest thing doesn't look loike it would help much but it works great. You can lean back against it and it feels like a chair back, so you dont have to be leaning forward or against a tree all day. I also like mine because the straps that hold the back unclip so if you would want to lean back agaist a tree or something you can.

The only thing that I wish it had was like little 4 inch legs, just so you could sit up. I think that would be a big comfort help when you are sitting there all day, just having you legs below you body not staight out in front of you is much more comfy but o'well maybe they will think of that next.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 am

Very comfy worth the $$ and I'm cheap[;)]

jbekes...if you want something like that ...I took an old folding beach chair...ya know the really low to ground ones...I covered it in brown vinyl   clothe and add a strap...Its Great for turkey or ground hunting deer on the go..used it for years now...

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 pm

It looks like it would help . I have sat in a treestand many times when the temp might get to 50 degrees but was freezing at night . When you sit back , it feels like you have your back against an ice cube . This would make it more comfortable .
Semper Fi !

Return to Tree Stands