Planning PA bow hunt for next season

eiger99

Planning PA bow hunt for next season

Postby eiger99 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm trying to plan a trip to Pennsylvania next season and would like to find out any helpful info. - I'm looking at the Ricketts Glen State Park Area, but am open to anything in the Northeast area of the state.
I'm from NH.
If anyone could let us know places to stay / possible areas to hunt (I'm not looking for your honey hole) just suggested areas. any other friendly advice you would care to share.
Thank you...

DaveYak

RE: Planning PA bow hunt for next season

Postby DaveYak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Well I don't know anything about the Ricketts Glen State Park area but I do know several good state game land areas that you could try if you wanted to try a different part of NEPA.  If you were interested I can give you more details regarding the locations, also some places to stay while in the area.  I know of good hunting in the National Forest south of Milford, PA area and there is good PA State Game Lands to hunt in the Shohola, PA area.

DaveYak

eiger99

Postby eiger99 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Thank you DaveYak for great advise. That sounds just the type of area I'm looking to hunt & the thick cover and hard hunting is what I'm use to, considering the hunter success rate in N.H. avgs. between 16 to 18%.

DaveYak

Postby DaveYak » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:27 am

[font="times new roman"]Eiger99,[font=verdana][size=2]

[/font][font="times new roman"]I would suggest a little scouting trip before you come down to hunt, even if it is in the summer.  Milford is a nice little vacation spot if you have or wanted to bring the family.  There are several nice waterfalls and things like that to see and do.  Oh yeah and fishing the Deleware River for smallmouth and walleye is a great time too, if you fish that is.  [/font]
[font="times new roman"][/font][font=verdana] 
[/font][font="times new roman"]Keep me updated and I can hook you up.[/font][font=verdana]

[/font][font="times new roman"]DaveYak[/font][font=verdana] [/font]
[/size][/font]

Return to Pennsylvania