2nd amendment

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

RE: 2nd amendment

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:00 pm

[font=verdana,geneva]"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." ....Barak Hussein Obama.[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva][/font] 
[font=verdana,geneva]Oh yes.....Barak Hussein Obama and his lovely wife Starbucks, the Democrat nominee for President Of The United States. What a wise and well qualified choice![/font]

[font=verdana]What makes him so eminently qualified?[/font]

[font=verdana]His decades in Washington serving multiple terms??.......um...noo....he's yet to complete a term.[/font]

[font=verdana]I know! His years spent in the private sector as a CEO and managing a nationwide or international company!  Hmmmm....no....not that either, he's only been a law professor.[/font]

[font=verdana]Then it must be his years of military service as a ranking officer!  Huh? What's that? No military service, either?[/font]

[font=verdana]How about in the diplomatic corps, doing sensitive behind the scenes negotiations and acting as a liason between our allies and their enemies, all the while gaining their respect and enhancing his reputation as a responsible person?  No? Not that either? Sheese..........[/font]

[font=verdana]Then it must be his years that he served as a governor of a State! That has to be it! Same type job as a President, only on a smaller scale!......What's that?  You're kidding...no Governorship either???[/font]

[font=verdana]Well then. That pretty well narrows it down then, doesn't it.........[/font]

[font=verdana][/font]
[font=verdana]It must be because he's:[/font]

[font=verdana]Black and non-threatening to white liberals.[/font]
[font=verdana]A man who believes in HOPE! and CHANGE! [/font]
[font=verdana]A Democrat.[/font]

[font=verdana][/font]
[font=verdana]What's handy about this, is that if he became ill or couldn't campaign for a while, they could take a turnip, paint it black, pipe in some flowery rhetoric, and no one would know the difference! [/font]
[font=verdana]Except our enemies, who feed turnips to their sheep and goats..........[/font]

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:48 pm

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

ORIGINAL: hunter480
YOU are a frightening person...........

Everything from your view of this Administration, to your false belief that our Second Amendmet rights are safe no matter what, to YOUR prioritys.

So sorry that the war in Iraq doesn`t suit you, perhaps more devastation on U. S. soil suits you better.........

And as to your worries about what the rest of the world thinks of this Country, President said it best when the world, more specifically, France and Germany who were in bed with Iraq, were critical of us for invading, "We don`t need the worlds approval to protect America and American interests,"

I`d love to know how you can say that our Second Amendment rights will never be taken away. Until the recent Supreme Court Decision, it WAS taken away for law-abiding gun owners in Washington DC. Just as it`s gone for law-abiding gun owners in Chicago, which has a total ban on handguns. What news are you watching? What news are you reading?

What about the Klinton, so called, Assault Weapons Ban, which banned certain semi-auto weapons based purely on cosmetic appearance? Wasn`t that a loss of Second Amendment rights?

I too care for our environment, but when this economy, which is being drained by OPEC and big oil, is going down the tubes, we need to drill for domestic energy whenever, wherever we can. It`s pretty simple really.

For me, anyone who poo poo`s the very real threats we face every day, to our Second Amend rights, is as much a threat as those who wish to take those rights away. Whether your intent is to purposly mock what we risk losing, or whether you really just don`t get it, you`re certainly not an ally in the constant, and serious fight to keep our birthright.

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

If you think the Bill of Rights is a bunch of Privledges assigned by the Government, you are already lost to the left. No use arguing it anymore. I can cite documented proof from HUNDREDS of sources that would overload the server here, that will prove to you it is indeed natural law and that paramount to natural is the law of self preservation. 

A difference of opinion and out comes the name calling.

There are so many things wrong with these statements I can't help but shake may head and wonder what have we come to in America.  

Just FYI - everything I've ever read about God, he never mentioned Assault Weapons - but having them is our God given right??  What logic!  Nothing to do with the second amendment, and bush himself said he would have signed the bill if it got back through congress so don't blame it on Clinton.

Any rights to open up drilling today won't see results for at least 10 years and will do nothing to lower gas prices and assist us at this time. It will continue to line the pockets of oil companies and be disruptive to our environment.  Have you forgotten about the huge Chevron discovery in the Gulf of Mexico in 2006.  It should increase US oil reserves by nearly half, yet hasn't helped gas prices at all.  We'd be better off spending those next 10 years developing new and sustainable energy resources and eliminating the need for oil.  Here's a book, read it:  http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Sequel-Reinvent-Energy-Warming/dp/0393066908/ref=pd_bbs_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215116032&sr=8-6  It provides much better alternatives then drilling for oil or mining coal.  If we're going to get stuck with high gas prices, let's do something to fix the problem, not continue it.

Documented proof, get real.  Documented proof would be a video of God saying these are God given rights.  Anything else is guesswork, unless you like bush have personal talks with God as well.  But go ahead and point me to the resource that cites God saying we have the right to keep and bear arms, or any of the other parts to the Bill of Rights.  You have hundreds, it shouldn't be hard.

It's been fun and as much as I enjoy a good philosophical discussion, I've got to be done - I suppose the next four years will determine who has the better judgement.  Let's hope whatever the future brings it's better than what we have now. 

Best of luck with your hunting this year.

Suddenly you are through with this discussion-hmmmmm. pretty good timing since you don`t have any substance to offer anyway.

No name calling here-where did that come from? A little thin skinned aren`t you?

God didn`t need to mention "assault weapons" by name. Although, like all liberals, you call a simple semi-automatic rifle an assault weapon. Convienent misnomer. That word, misnomer, is in a book. Read it.

You go vote Demon-crat. Your candidate has the years of experience you seem to have to bring to any debate.

You still have never answered how you believe the Second Amendment is safe in this Country. Still never answered how the rights of the folks in DC and Chicago haven`t been denied. It`s clear that you can`t address that, because you have no answer that can adequately address that.

I`m just glad that you`re finished discussing this issue, since you bring nothing to the table.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Amazing how, guys like him make a disussion they cannot win into a discussion on Global Climate Change and the ineptness of the present administration. If I am not mistaken, this thread was about the reaffirmation of the 2nd Amendment. I fail to see how drilling for oil, energy alternatives and "Blame Bush" figure into the 2nd Amendment.... OH WAIT IT IS ALL BUSH'S FAULT THAT THE SCOTUS AFFIRMED THE INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.... bummer...NOT

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Highlander:  Geeze...can't you be a little more specific?  ; - )

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:22 pm

Sure Woodsy, since you really need it

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:15 pm

It's easy to avoid issues with clout, to promote your agenda, I tired of it long ago. It's like talking to a telemarketer. All they want you to hear ,is the great points of thier campaigning. Why not just lay it down, god does not write our laws. Men do,and the constitution is 200 years old, hardly a shred of it's original draft is left intact. JM has shown he will up hold our consitutional right to keep and bear arms, if he is elected president. The people will defend this country from outsiders and its own goverment if need be. With out the billions of gun owners our people would be just like china...a bunch of slaves that arent free to do as they wish. The phrases "In gods name" is out dated in todays age, and "by the people, for the people" can still be enacted through voting. 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:42 am

This was a wonderful ruling.... The government should fear the people....
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:40 am

yes, its painfully obvious that god is no longer given the proper consultation in the writing of our laws today. gay marriage, partial birth abortion, no prayer in schools. our second ammendment, the right to hunt and consume the deer and game we cherish so, and the right to type this on this forum are GOD given blessings.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 am

All very true. We must acknowledge God in our rights and in how we govern.

BUT we must also acknowledge God in others, especially those who disagree with us. That is something that we seem to be struggling with on this forum lately. Look over this thread and the "Sniper" thread as two examples.

If we are going to profess God as our motivation, then we have to reflect him with our treatment of others. And believe me, I am the worst of all at this, so I need your help and example.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:50 pm

PREFACE
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.)

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

"The advantage of being armed . . . the Americans possess over the people of all other nations . . . Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several Kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, author of the Bill of Rights, in his Federalist Paper No. 46.)

746 CONSTITUTION OF THE U. STATES. [BOOK III.

§ 1889. The next amendment is: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
§ 1890. The importance of this article will scarcely be doubted by any persons, who have duly reflected upon the subject. The militia is the natural defence of a free country against sudden foreign invasions, domestic insurrections, and domestic usurpations of power by rulers. It is against sound policy for a free people to keep up large military establishments and standing armies in time of peace, both from the enormous expenses, with which they are attended, and the facile means, which they afford to ambitious and unprincipled rulers, to subvert the government, or trample upon the rights of the people. The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them.2 And yet, though this truth would seem so clear, and the importance of a well regulated militia would seem so undeniable, it cannot be disguised, that among the American people there is a growing indifference to any system of militia discipline, and a strong disposition, from a sense of its burthens, to be rid

The whole Document originally writen in 1833

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions