Saddle stands

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
greekman

Saddle stands

Postby greekman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:24 am

I get the advantanges, but how do you get up in the first place. Throw a rope around a limbd to wrap around ?

AlleganBowhunter

RE: Saddle stands

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:14 pm

I am not completely familiar with them, but I beleive most of them come with a climbing strap like a safety harness... so you basically climb the tree like you would wearing the saddle as a safety harness then transition to sitting.  Hoping I can swing getting one this year, would be perfect for the public land I hunt... no stolen stands and quicker adapting to changes in where other hunters are.
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

Michigander

Postby Michigander » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Hey Allegan, saw your post and was wondering if you're hunting the same state game area as I am. Also, if you're thinking about a harness type stand, give me a holler. I've been using a treesuit for a few years now and am pretty happy with it. You are correct, it's great for relocating / hit and run type hunting. Haven't used the saddle, but if you go with a treesuit I can give you a few pointers on how to make it a little more user friendly / efficient. It's good in concept but I often wonder if the builders of these things actually use them before they sell them. At any rate, a few simple mods. make it a great little setup.

Good luck and save a few for me lol

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Michigander:

I bet so.. I sent you a Private message.

John
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

Return to Tree Stands