Web-based license sales and game-check system for Ohio

scottflesher

RE: Web-based license sales and game-check system for Ohio

Postby scottflesher » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:58 pm

I'd like to see more DNR (dept of Natural Resources) in the field checking permission slips. In Ohio you must have written permission from the land owner at all times. I can't recall the number of guys who wander aimlessly onto our land and other private land we hunt without permission. That's a $500 fine.

I'm a fan of promoting hunting and passing on the heritage, but have some respect for the landowners wishes. Posted or not.
Some of our state governments wouldn't be bankrupt if they would write fines for those without proper documentation. [:'(]

mikej

Postby mikej » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am

I think it s great! After a long hunt and dragging the deer out of the woods the last thing i want to do is drive to a check station. Going right home to a good meal and a shower would be better any day. i do feel bad for the small shops but the ODNR does have some suggestions to help keep business going.

TwistedX

Postby TwistedX » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Where im from in ohio there are a number of people i know of that have been caught poaching before... u think that a guy who is going to process his own deer is going to drive to the check in station for a peice of tin stamped with numbers?! you are INSANE! He simply drives home after hunting and hangs it up and processes it! I have had people tell me thats what their plans where! I helped a guy drag one out of a property we each had permission on and never knew the other existed.  I heard him shoot went to investigate he killed a doe and i helped him get it out... then he says i process my own deer so if ya ever kill one and dont wanna tag er like this one heres goona have done to er' let me know you can cut er up at the house... NO THANKS!!!   Figure if this guy aint the only one doing it maybe someone out there is not tagging them because of the drive maybe they will call it in.  Also whats stopping the game warden from saying oh so john smith has killed five doe... lets go check him out... or seeing that someone has killed a deer and be waiting on them at their house when they pull up or be at the proccessor checking tags of people who show up... just saying this may actually get more people to check in deer!  Save them gas money ya know... A poacher dont care about the laws anyway this is not making it easier to poach its making it easier to tag in deer.
Some days you're the dog - some days you're the hydrant.
Anonymous

TwistedX (+)

eagle1953

Postby eagle1953 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:23 am

From what I have read there will no longer be metal tags each hunter will be issued a permanent tag number during the checking process which will be written on a a space provided as par of the deer or turkey permit. This number will have to be on every package of meat after processing. And the deer will have to be checked the same day as taken instead of being able to tag it the next day.
I don`t kill innocet animals, just the ones that look guilty.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:48 am

Starting Member

Status: online From what I have read there will no longer be metal tags each hunter will be issued a permanent tag number during the checking process which will be written on a a space provided as par of the deer or turkey permit. This number will have to be on every package of meat after processing. And the deer will have to be checked the same day as taken instead of being able to tag it the next day

So if you do take your deer to a check station to tag it in. they wont put a metal tag on the deer?
if I were to shoot a nice buck, i would want to have a metal tag on it.
I wouldnt want to have to have a number stashed somewhere for the deer.
and then down the road have the ODNR come around wanting to know this number. That may have been misplaced or lost. And then be in trouble.

Previous

Return to Ohio