Old School Pics

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Gulfcapt

RE: Old School Pics

Postby Gulfcapt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Wanderer I can honestly say thats different[;)]

BTW your looking alittle older these days what gives lol[;)]

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:18 pm

No Gulfcapt. Still have huntable property, but let my cousins boys hunt it. There are deer and turkey on it. Sold the house on it, too much vandalism, and the cost of nonresident lic. plus the 4hr.trip started to get to me. It was great times in the early days. A learning experience from day one. My friends that used to go up there with me, we still talk about those days. I just hunt Ill. now. Have maybe 6 different places about an hour from home. Plus a chance at bigger bucks here. That's all I hunt for these days. The challenge now is to out smart the biggest and the best. I sometimes hunt till the last day of the season trying for that big one, and have gone deerless some years. One would be surprised what follows the bucks that you pass on. I've shot big ones that follow smaller bucks by 5 or 10 min.. I believe some use younger bucks as scapegoats. If you think about it, thats what they learn from there mother. Just my thoughts.

Why do you ask. Are you from Michigan? 
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:47 pm

I agree with you on the bigger fallow the smaller bucks. I have shot my better deer that way( let some walk hopeing for a bigger one)! you deffently have the pictures to prove that theory.

No im not from mich I was looking at hunting around the chipewa area one year but that fell through. I live in Florida

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Wanderer, am I just seeing things. In your wedding pic, don't know when I've ever seen so many left handed bows in my life. Are you a lefty too?
never say never

dusty.b

Postby dusty.b » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:38 am

Here is a picture of my first bow hunt with my dad. I was 7 at the time. (Sept 1988) Been hooked ever since.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:37 am

charlie 01,
No I'm not left handed. I'm betting when my son scanned the slide he had it flipped over in the holder.
Good eye by the way.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:33 am

How many of you skipped school or maybe a class or two in the old days, Just to go hunting! Hopeing Mom and Dad wouldn't find out, and getting a friend to write a excuse Note to the teacher for the classes or whole day you might of missed.........
I can remember getting this certain young lady I knew that had excellent penmanship and getting her to write me a excuse letter for the nexted day..leaving the house in the morning dressed for school but have my hunting cloths,and gun stashed in the woods nearby, change real fast and beat a path to a stand I had built out of 2/4 and 16 penny nails lol That I consider a death trap now-a-days.

As I got alittle older and started to drive back and forth to school I would just stick everything in my truck on the floorboard! That was back when you wouldn't go to jail for the rest of you life for having a firearm on school parkinglot/property..

I can also remember getting my truck taken away from me for getting busted for skipping school to hunt.. lolol[:D][:D][:D][:D]

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:41 pm

It's funny all the things we've done in life, and lived to talk about it. But what great fun. Sometimes I think how great it would be to do it over and correct the things that went wrong. I could fill the page, but haven't got the time.
never say never

Floating Debris

Re: Old School Pics

Postby Floating Debris » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:28 pm

bump
trying to revive one of my favorites

Previous

Return to Photo Corner