Summit Tree stands

scottflesher

RE: Summit Tree stands

Postby scottflesher » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:38 pm

DEGOINS let's hear it. What stands do you prefer and why?

eagle1953

Postby eagle1953 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:20 am

I have 2 summit vipers and a grizzle climber. One double wide latter stand. Had a Hunters View climber but someone stole it last year. Stands will be locked to trees from now on. Thinking about selling the grizzly because it`s steal and heavy, only used it one year.
I don`t kill innocet animals, just the ones that look guilty.

swampsitter

Postby swampsitter » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 pm

I've owned a Galiath (sp) for about 5 years now. I've been bowhunting for 25 years and
this is by far the best and safest stand I've ever owned. I'm 6'-2" and 240 pounds, I never hesitate to climb 25 feet and take a nap before good hunting time comes around. I will be buying one for my son next fall, knowing that it is the safest stand I could put him into.

crazybull

Postby crazybull » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 am

I just purchased my first tree stand I got the Summit Viper Classic.  The steel frame makes it a bit heavy (makes for a good workout in New Hampshires White Mountains) but it very sturdy.  The only thing I really don't like about it is that at 5' 6" my legs feel a little cramped up.  I'll be looking to see if Summit offers an extender of some type to put on the lower platform.  Other then that acending and desending are snap.
Fear the government that fears your gun!

Walking Crow

Postby Walking Crow » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:18 am

I have a Summit Goliath. I only weigh 220lb but I bought the Goliath because it offers me so much room especially when it gets cold and you have on heavy bulky clothing. I love it. It works so well and is easy to set up and climb. I can stay in it all day. I would not buy any other brand.

Walking Crow

Previous

Return to Treestands