Scent Killer

JPH

RE: Scent Killer

Postby JPH » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:45 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

[quote]ORIGINAL: howhill1

its my opinion that many use scent elimination sparays with the idea they killy all odors when in fact they control the bacteria our bodies produce that create human odor. scent killer is just part of well planned and executed scent control regimen.

Yes, scent elimination sprays are only one part of a total scent control system, as I stated in my post, however......look at what Wildlife Research Center says about their Scent Killer Spray....it`s not what you contend.

"[size="2"] It is so effective, it works for days after drying. Putting a liberal application of Scent Killer[/size]® onto your hunting clothes turns them into a scent elimination suit. After allowing your clothing to dry, it can be stored in a bag or airtight container for weeks or even months before use."

So based on their description of their product, is IS more than you believe.
Sounds right to me...but that only works if you do your part to keep the clothes,and yourself scent free after you apply the products. I'm failing to see your point with this post, hunter480?

Possibly EatDeer, you`ll be able to find a third grader to translate this for you, but my point was in response to howhill1, and his belief that Scent Killer Spray was simply to kill current human scent, and nothing more.

If you need further assistance, you might print this, and head to your nearest elementary school and ask for help.

[/quote]

Hunter480, that was out of line.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:13 am

You seriously think it`s out of line?

At what point are people responsible for reading? For reading comprehension? For articulating? For reasonable expression?

Gheeze!

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 am

perhaps i was a bit unclear in my statement. i never stated anything concerning the time of use or wheather or not the product was dried or wet. what i meant to infer is that you cant rely on a bottle of scent killer to "eliminate" all the odors on the boots you wore to work all week and pumped gas in the mornig you hunted. much like carbon suits they have theyre limitations and the all use different methods to eliminate human and or other foriegn odors.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:02 pm

ORIGINAL: howhill1

perhaps i was a bit unclear in my statement. i never stated anything concerning the time of use or wheather or not the product was dried or wet. what i meant to infer is that you cant rely on a bottle of scent killer to "eliminate" all the odors on the boots you wore to work all week and pumped gas in the mornig you hunted. much like carbon suits they have theyre limitations and the all use different methods to eliminate human and or other foriegn odors.

Although your initial post was extremly ambigious, your explanation here is fair enough.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:31 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

[quote]ORIGINAL: howhill1

its my opinion that many use scent elimination sparays with the idea they killy all odors when in fact they control the bacteria our bodies produce that create human odor. scent killer is just part of well planned and executed scent control regimen.

Yes, scent elimination sprays are only one part of a total scent control system, as I stated in my post, however......look at what Wildlife Research Center says about their Scent Killer Spray....it`s not what you contend.

" It is so effective, it works for days after drying. Putting a liberal application of Scent Killer® onto your hunting clothes turns them into a scent elimination suit. After allowing your clothing to dry, it can be stored in a bag or airtight container for weeks or even months before use."

So based on their description of their product, is IS more than you believe.
Sounds right to me...but that only works if you do your part to keep the clothes,and yourself scent free after you apply the products. I'm failing to see your point with this post, hunter480?

Possibly EatDeer, you`ll be able to find a third grader to translate this for you, but my point was in response to howhill1, and his belief that Scent Killer Spray was simply to kill current human scent, and nothing more.

If you need further assistance, you might print this, and head to your nearest elementary school and ask for help.

[/quote] When you typed "is IS" you confused me, I must have missed the lesson in grade school level english  explaining what that part of a sentence means. [8|] I easily understood the rest of the discussion, until you started acting like a forum troll. You need to grow up hunter480.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:17 pm

You`re very easily confused anyway, so it`s no surprise here either.

A typo on my part is the very least of your cognitive issues.....

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:23 am

You`re very easily confused anyway, so it`s no surprise here either.

A typo on my part is the very least of your cognitive issues.....
What ever...troll.[8|]
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:41 pm

You need another option...."NONE"

I don't use sprays. I just keep my self and my gear clean, play the wind, and I store all my outerwear in a Rubbermaid tub with a cachet bag of dried leaves in it.

The best scent is NO scent.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:26 pm

I have the fresh earth scent and the unscented but actually don't make a habit of using them. I wear my clothes 2-3 times then wash everything. Once my bottles run dry I probably won't purchase any more. If I want a spray I will probably make my own with one of the baking soda recipes floating around on the board.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 am

I use nothing but sodium bicarbonate.    I gave up all the rest over a decade ago.  
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

PreviousNext

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators