Sunday Hunting ???

tex3012

Sunday Hunting ???

Postby tex3012 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:50 am

Are you in favor for opening hunting up on sundays?? why or why not ??

dtrain56

RE: Sunday Hunting ???

Postby dtrain56 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Sunday hunting would be great, with work i don't have a chance to hunt during the week so sunday would give me more time in the woods

DaveYak

Postby DaveYak » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 am

I also work all week, another day would be great!  Saturday doesn't always work out because of the weather or other things going on and the season is short when you can only hunt one day a week.

DaveYak

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:17 pm

The ban on Sunday hunting effectively reduces a working man's hunting season to 1/2 of what it could be. States have no power to dictate how one spends his or her free time and this is an over reach of state power that hearkens back to Feudal social constructs that prohibit the killing of the king's game on the king's land except for the elite few who can gain permission.

Rubydog

Postby Rubydog » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Any argument regarding Sunday hunting usually includes the safety issues of non-hunters. Non-hunters want the knowledge they can enjoy a "walk in the woods" without the encumbrance of hunters nearby with their weapons drawn.

Here in Connecticut we are not allowed to hunt on Sundays. Why ?? Better yet, why not?  The state feels there is an over abundance of deer in a few "zones " within the state. The replacement tags, liberal bag limits and extended seasons prove this. They also want to use the hunter as a management tool to control over abundant populations of deer yet take away 50% of the time a working person can enjoy this pursuit.

How about allowing Sunday hunting on private land with a bow & arrow ? Who am I limiting on potential recreational land use? Who am I endangering while shooting an arrow from an elevated platform? Trespassers ? No one, it's PRIVATE LAND. If the landowner does not want me there, I won't go on Sunday or any other day. Public land is one argument, Private Land another.

Please let CT use their heads on this and allow Sunday hunting on private land at least with a Bow & Arrow. Increased days afield would most likely follow with increased harvest numbers and that my friends is the State of CT's goal. Use the hunters as a management tool then tell them they can only have one day afield a week. Smart ? I think not !

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 pm

they just opened sunday hunting in nj but it is with bow and arrow only they also reduced the distance you must be from an occupied dwelling from 450 feet to 150feet but again that is for bow hunting only hank k

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Since the gamelands are funded by hunters dollars, then sunday hunting should be legal on the SGLs. The desires of hikers, birdwatchers, etc should be secondary to hunters on SGLs.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:08 pm

i work during the week from 8-6 no way to hunt the weekdays so i only have one day a week to get out in the woods - tough to geta good buck hunting one day

AbsoluteArchery

Postby AbsoluteArchery » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:23 pm

I guess my question for everyone who has looked at this topic is How can we have almost 200 views BUT only have 17 votes come on guys seriously we can't make the PGC change unless we voice ourselves

SlyAsADoe

Postby SlyAsADoe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:27 pm

I am against it.  Sunday is the only day that livestock (horse/mule) owners can safely take their horses out without fear of getting them shot out from under them.  You wouldn't want to be cooped up in a stall for 2 weeks would you?  Living next to SGL makes no difference, if hunters are going to wander from gamelands onto private land during the week, they'll do it on a Sunday too.

Next

Return to Pennsylvania