attractants to use for general pics-question

NCdeerguy

attractants to use for general pics-question

Postby NCdeerguy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 pm

I've used corn mostly around my cams to get deer to visit the cameras so I can get general pics of deer on property, always works well. Question is, is it too late at this point to use a mineral attractant like stump likker or buck jam in front of cams to bring'em in for some pics?
Jeremy from NC
Tree hoppin' 'cross state from the mtns of Wilkes to the swamps of Halifax

DannyBouy

RE: attractants to use for general pics-question

Postby DannyBouy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 pm

No its not too late. They'll come to it. Especially since they're trained to go to your site & if they like it better, they will be there. If you put it out, they will come.

jbekes

Postby jbekes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:29 pm

I have pics of deer coming to the licks everyday.  I have had them out for a while, I agree with what DannyBouy said if they are out there the deer will come to them.

NCdeerguy

Postby NCdeerguy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks for the quick input- I need to point out that I have not used a camera or put out any bait or mineral supplements on this particular property this year, so I don't already have these deer accustomed to coming to anything or any particular spot or to the IR flash of the camera. I just put the cam out with some stump likker along with some home-brew stuff this past Sat. So, that clarified, was wondering the likelihood of them having enough time finding it and grabbing many pictures over the next three weeks or so, trying to get a last-minute idea of what might be out there for me as the rut gets going. Killed a healthy six pointer last wednesday, but fairly large property with sign that indicates there's much bigger out there. So, just trying to get a last-minute 'census,' even if it won't pay off until next year. That said, if you've got any more input I'd appreciate it.
Jeremy from NC
Tree hoppin' 'cross state from the mtns of Wilkes to the swamps of Halifax

Return to Scouting Cameras