The "new" peak rut dates

Sailfish

The "new" peak rut dates

Postby Sailfish » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:03 am

If anyone recalls the FWC has been doing extensive interviews and research to narrow down our vast rut dates for us. Below are the most recent dates. While they are trying very hard to get these close, I just think they aren't hitting it yet. But with our nutrition, weather, diverse ecosystems, etc its probably always going to vary. Heck apparently in South Florida fawns have been birthed in every month of the year.

Anyways here  it is, my primary area (in the very center, orange) has been greatly revised from the old Nov 1, to Jan/Feb, however, traditionally it has been early Dec +/-. At least they are trying.

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Gulfcapt

RE: The "new" peak rut dates

Postby Gulfcapt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:29 am

Thanks Sailfish they got ours down NW Florida Bay,Gulf and Washington Co in Jan.. Then a very little in feb

flaDAWG

RE: The "new" peak rut dates

Postby flaDAWG » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:24 am

Yea seen this in WnW mag.If i go by this my season will be over when rut kick's in.I hunt just south of 60 and east of lake wales...But i dont go by this,last two year's i've seen it kick in 2nd or 3rd week of Dec...Can you put the road's on that color'd map,i'm pretty sure they got me in Jan or Feb...
Hope U all R dew'n finer than frawg hair!...Bsafe!

Return to Florida