IL. Second firearms season opens Thursday

EatDeer

IL. Second firearms season opens Thursday

Postby EatDeer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:28 am

I took a few shots with my old 20 gauge yesterday, at 50-100 yards the deer stand no chance.     

I found some monster buck tracks on a deer trail, while trimming some lanes. I also set some estrus urine gel in a mock scrape, maybe that will fire him up for the weekend.

Good luck everyone!!
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Marc Anthony

RE: IL. firearms season opens Friday.

Postby Marc Anthony » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 am

Good luck EatDeer! I'll be hunting close to you on the Brown/Schuyler Co. line. I'm not getting a lot of action that way this year but I think the deer are starting to move better now!

I should probably revise that statement. I had a lot of action in October but none in November! I'm taking my wife and son that way tomorrow for their gun hunts. I'll be hunting doe only with them. I think the weather should be great!
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Quickdraw

Postby Quickdraw » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

I hope something has picked up, things have been real slow around here as far as the rut is concerned.   I am not real thrilled with the south winds they are calling for but what can you do.   With all the crops out I suspect there will be alot of tags filled this year. 

I will be taking my son out on Saturday and Sunday so I hope he gets any opputunity to take a deer.  

Good luck all and be safe. 

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:27 pm

It has been horribly slow here but I also have not had a lot of time to get out.  On Saturday I did not see anything.

I was out today for one more try with the bow & I got so close.  I had a 1.5 yr old buck come in within 10 yards but he needed to move another 10-15 feet.  He just hung around for maybe 5 minutes and decided to go someplace else. 

I sure would have liked to get something for the freezer.  Oh well.

I hope I have some action tomorrow.  I hope to get out in the morning anyway.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Good luck to everyone hunting IL.'s second firearms season!!
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

WCDH

Postby WCDH » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:08 am

Some land I just picked up to hunt and only hunted twice, the guy next to it killed a 17 point and scored over 200. I have not seen it yet but know I'm sick.....lol

I have passed on a few 160 to 170 so far but I think I might have been stupid doing that.

Return to Illinois