You Bama Hunters?

BamaHunter

You Bama Hunters?

Postby BamaHunter » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:33 pm

All you Alabama hunters on here.  What county do you hunt in?  How's it going this year so far?  Gun season starts tomorrow, cannot wait.
We are hunting in Lee county in the Smiths/Salem area close to the Chattahoochee River.

Would love to here from you.  Most of the folks on here appear to be from mid-west or our northern bretheren!

sbo1971

RE: You Bama Hunters?

Postby sbo1971 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Hunting my parents property in Bibb Co., the land has not been hunted in over 10 yrs, heard several shots this morning but they were quite a ways off. Nothing to see this morning but hopefully that will change this afternoon.

BamaHunter

Postby BamaHunter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Good luck.  With 10 years of no pressure you should have a few good ones in there. 
The property we are on has not been hunted in a few years either.
My 12 yr old took a 7pt on youth weekend, passed on a 5pt Saturday morning and was able to get a doe on the evening hunt.  I saw 7 total does Saturday morning but very little buck activity so far.  It was really warm!  Only 2 does spotted Sunday evening.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:31 pm

I live in Indiana now, but I moved here from Marion,AL in 2007. I still have about 1100 acres under lease in Perry County near Sprott.
I'll be heading back down there right after New Years to catch the rut. Best of luck to all.

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:13 pm

I hunt 30 miles north of Birmingham in Blount County. So far I hve killed a coyote and a bobcat and a doe with my matthews DXT. So far though no mature bucks, cant wait until late December.
If you can find it you can kill it.

jacannon63

Postby jacannon63 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:56 pm

I am in Conecuh county. I killed a 3 1/2 year old 170# 8 point on 11-26 and passed on a 7 point on 11-27. We have very few acorns this year and the deer are wearing out our plots. Both of these bucks were on the same plot at mid-afternoon. The buck I killed was working a scrape and the 7 point worked the same scrape the next day.
Stump sittin since 1981

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm in the Northern tip of Conecuh county just South of Hwy 106. A friend of mine's father in-law has 110 acres there that he let's us hunt if we help him with work at the hunting camp during the offseason. I've only hunted it opening weekend so far and just saw a buck fawn. Doesn't look like we'll make it back up there until January, I hate it when things are out of my control! Best of luck to everyone this year and congrats to those that have already scored!

BamaHunter

Postby BamaHunter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Well our group has 4 in the freezer this year so far.  1 doe, 9pt, 7pt and a spike.  2 of these my 12 yr old are responsible for!
Got a call from one of the guys yesterday evening.  Missed a very large buck who was running across a power line after winding him.  140-150 class according to him.  Anyway, not much pre-rut activity yet.  We are starting to see more buck movement, so hopefully the rut will be right on que this year for around week 1 or 2 of January.  Good luck to all.

Sir Robin Hood

Postby Sir Robin Hood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 am

The rut seems to be kicking in a little early in Tuscaloosa. Rubs and scrapes are all ready in my favorite spots and they are very big and fresh for this time of year. This recent cold snap has sturred the big boys up. I killed a nice buck in Selma Alabama a week ago and his hocks were good and musty! This doesn't normally start until late January in this part of the state. Good Hunting.
Bust "Em" Up!!

G8RH8R

Postby G8RH8R » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Anyone having luck in the Coffee County or surrounding areas? We have 10 doe's since the beginning of gun season. Seen some small button buck's and a couple spikes but no mature buck's. Thought the cold weather would get them moving. Guess not.

Also, I understand the rut is kind of a gamble. Any calls or scents that have been successful for what seems like pre-rut according to my readings. Full rut could be anywhere between the middle of December and end of January so I was thinking pre-rut would be close to now.

Happy Hunting
Coffee County, Alabama

We interrupt this marriage for hunting season!!!

Next

Return to Alabama