losing pins in groung blind

Share your tips and techniques on these great, but often times lost methods of hunting.
turkey tom 25

losing pins in groung blind

Postby turkey tom 25 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:14 am

The place I will be hunting this fall is in an old pasture. No trees, so I set up a tent ground blind. The sight on my bow is a Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix and the pins are in a vertical line-the pins are stacked in front of each other. My problem is that when I practice out of the blind I lose sight of the longer range (lower) pins when shooting from the dark tent into the bright sunlight. Any suggestions?

bobow

RE: losing pins in groung blind

Postby bobow » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:49 am

[size="1"]Truglo Tru-Lite Extreme Violet Sight Light
[/size]
The Truglo above is the one I installed on my sight because I hunt out of a dark ground blind also. It does help in low light & cloudy days.  There are others on the market you can check into.  Search for "sight light" to see the options.

A light may help on the sunny days you described.  I don't remember having that problem on a sunny day but then I haven't had any shot opportunities over 25-30 yards anyway. 

I have since gone to the Hind Sight Cross Fire that has the same Truglo lite incorporated in the sight & after messing with it last night I really like it.

While practicing you might try a small flashlight shining on the fiber optics to see if it might help.  Maybe someone can hold it there for you while you draw?  Since the sight lights are a low intensity violet light, maybe a low intensity flashlight to test it out?
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:17 pm

both my Truglo front and my rear peep eliminator sight have those lights mounted on them...and what a difference!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Get rid of the pins and shoot instinctive! Saves a lot of trouble and aggravation, not to mention a WHOLE LOT cheaper! [:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Ground Hunting, Still Hunting, and Stalking