Video: Sniper Makes 950-Yard Shot On a Deer!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
gutpile

RE: Video: Sniper Makes 950-Yard Shot On a Deer!

Postby gutpile » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:27 am

eatdeer i have a quick question..Do you drink before you post? 
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:22 am

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

ORIGINAL: JPH

ORIGINAL: Hunt4life

Why? I havent been reading it post for post... is it getting nasty up there?

^^^^^^

13 straight posts from someone calling themselves PETA and replies like this:

"Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it! FREAK!" EatDeer

"Tell the mothers that have thier children stalked in ther own back yards, by yotes, about yotes being scared, you spineless piece of trash.  EatDeer
   This is what happens when extremists take over the forum. I'm telling it like it is, if you don't like it don't read it.   Just don't patronize me because I'm not a tool, that doesn't read the posts I rebutt,and am not a political terroist. 

Eatdeer,

The PETA poster is obviously one of the people you were going back and forth with earlier.  They're trying to make a point, although in a rather silly way I think.  Don't get sucked in to believing this is someone who is actually believing what they are writing. 

adirondackhunter

Postby adirondackhunter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am

ORIGINAL: Hunt4life

EatThis...

Everyone of these organizations and companies have added their names to support this site and the statements, INCLUDING the very organization that defined (created the term) "fairchase". But somehow EatDeer can't get behind the concept...

LEGAL VERSUS ETHICAL
Hunting is an intensely personal experience fraught with personal choices. Consider the contrast between what is legal and what is ethical. It is difficult to conceive of a situation in hunting where the commission of an illegal act could be considered ethical. But, the inverse is not only possible, but also common. In short, legality describes the outside boundaries within which ethical choices are made.

For example, some hunters take shots at deer in excess of 300 yards. They have rifles and ammunition capable of accuracy at such ranges. They practice at those ranges and are capable and confident of almost certain clean kills. Other hunters would never think of taking a shot at this distance. It's legal. There is nothing in the game regulations about maximum allowable distances yet many will not take that shot. Why? Some do not have experience with this type of shooting. Others feel the risk is too high for wounding and therefore the practice is unethical. Others might consider that shooting at such ranges, even with a high probability of success, is simply too great an advantage over the prey and would choose to stalk in closer.

The point is, there are many things in the hunting and habitat management world that are legal, yet can be considered by some to be unethical. Again, it is left for each individual to set his or her own ethical standards. Hopefully, all of our collective decisions will shine positively on hunting, management and its traditions.

DIVIDED WE FALL
Hunting is a personal experience filled with personal choices taking place in many areas with varying traditions and rules. The concept of "fair chase" is a noble one and something that is meant to be a unifying, governing force. The concept was not created as a test to divide ethical hunters.

One of the reasons why our wildlife and habitat conservation system works is because individual states regulate what goes on within that state. Can you imagine the train wreck that would occur if the same rules applied for all states regardless of traditions, the diverse species of game, and various habitats found in different regions? Deer hunting with a crossbows is legal in Ohio, but not in some other states. Baiting deer is legal in some states, yet frowned upon by hunters in other states. You can run bear and cougar with hounds in some western states, but only spot and stalk hunt in others. Steel shot, lead shot, plugged shotguns, expandable broadheads, inline muzzleloaders - the list goes on and on. The bottom line - we are too small of a group not to support each other. If you hunt, you belong to a fraternity. If a hunting method is legal in another state, but not in your state, crying foul won't help the bigger picture. If a way of hunting is under attack in another state, your way is under attack, even if you do not agree with or practice this method.

Excellent, that sums it up for me .
Hunt to live , Live to hunt

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:55 pm

ORIGINAL: gutpile

No I don't drink or do drugs for your information , I have ethics. That is a typical reply from you of course ,because your posts never amount to any intelligence anyway.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:04 pm

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

[quote]ORIGINAL: Hunt4life

Why? I havent been reading it post for post... is it getting nasty up there?

^^^^^^

13 straight posts from someone calling themselves PETA and replies like this:

"Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it! FREAK!" EatDeer

"Tell the mothers that have thier children stalked in ther own back yards, by yotes, about yotes being scared, you spineless piece of trash.  EatDeer
   This is what happens when extremists take over the forum. I'm telling it like it is, if you don't like it don't read it.   Just don't patronize me because I'm not a tool, that doesn't read the posts I rebutt,and am not a political terroist. 

Eatdeer,

The PETA poster is obviously one of the people you were going back and forth with earlier.  They're trying to make a point, although in a rather silly way I think.  Don't get sucked in to believing this is someone who is actually believing what they are writing. 

[/quote]LOL, ranwin, I knew all along it wasn't peta,but a extremest's ploy to insult my intelligence. They have no ethics, so telling lies should be exspected. Thier point is they are willing to do anything, to bully anyone into thinking like them through propaganda. They are a disgusting form of hunter, that needs to be put behind glass in a museum somewhere.  
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:20 am

No I don't drink or do drugs for your information , I have ethics. That is a typical reply from you of course ,because your posts never amount to any intelligence anyway.

we know you have ethics, geesh you only mention it about 3000 times a post..And your post are filled with intellengence, I learn so much when I read one of your ramblins...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:08 am

Wow this is out of hand. Why has this post gone on this long. A guy took a shot he knew he could take. So its not for everyone. The differences we are as people makes us whom we are. Theres no need to lash out at one another. Lets get back to learning from each other and make our sport GREAT.

Hunt4life

Postby Hunt4life » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:25 pm

I think it's time for the mod. to lock this thread.

After reading his posts I would hope the thread isnt locked. He's a loose cannon and hell bent on dividing the hunt community. He is angry, insulting with most every post now and a perfect bad example of someone that turns to this type thing when he can't debate the issues.

It is my belief people like this shouldnt be silenced, they need to be given every opportunity to show themselves for what they are: Bad examples of sportsmen and bad for the future of the sport.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:23 pm

ORIGINAL: mag30079

Wow this is out of hand. Why has this post gone on this long. A guy took a shot he knew he could take. So its not for everyone. The differences we are as people makes us whom we are. Theres no need to lash out at one another. Lets get back to learning from each other and make our sport GREAT.

The thread has drifted, but the initial points were valid-a nearly 1000 yard shot on ANY game animal is irresponsible, thoughtless, and unethical. I don`t care who you, what training you`ve had, or why you`re doing it. There`s absolutely no point to it. It isn`t necessary, and I still question why it ever was even posted here.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:28 pm

[:D]

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions