Deer Hunting Preserve

jstriner

Deer Hunting Preserve

Postby jstriner » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:58 pm

My family just recently started a deer hunting preserve in PA. Check out the website: [color="#cc0000"]Personal business website.[/color]
Thanks!

charlie

RE: Deer Hunting Preserve

Postby charlie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:21 pm

wherein pa?

charlie

Postby charlie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:44 pm

By the way their is a rule about about SPAM on this site most outfitters pay to advertise.

jstriner

Postby jstriner » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:47 pm

It's in Western PA, about an hour south of Pittsburgh.

jstriner

Postby jstriner » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm new to the site so I didn't know. Thanks!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:44 pm

ORIGINAL: jstrinerMy family just recently started a deer hunting preserve in PA. Check out the website: [color="#cc0000"]Personal business website.[/color]
Thanks!

ORIGINAL: charlie

By the way their is a rule about about SPAM on this site most outfitters pay to advertise.

ORIGINAL: jstriner

I'm new to the site so I didn't know. Thanks!

Most discussion forums have that rule, and being new is not an excuse for not knowing it.
What I'm looking for as moderator of this forum is for posters...
(1.) to become regular,
(2.) to make contributions on at least a few topics, not just one self-promoting topic.

Do that, and it's OK to put your link in your signature line, and you won't have any problem. I'd like to see a new member make a few posts that show his interest in D&DH is larger than his own personal interest. But if he has one reason and one reason only for posting, I'll take action. Fair enough?

Thanks.
Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

jstriner

Postby jstriner » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 am

That's fair. I'll add the website to my signature, but if my post is such a big deal, why don't you delete my thread? And, just for the record, not a "he".

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:20 am

ORIGINAL: jstriner

That's fair. I'll add the website to my signature, but if my post is such a big deal, why don't you delete my thread? And, just for the record, not a "he".

To answer your question, Jennifer, I did consider deleting the thread. But, I try to use a light touch as a moderator, and I thought that might be a little strong if you really didn't know that was against the rules. If you'd rather I delete the thread, I can certainly do that.

To your second point, I'm glad we have women on this board, and they make a good contribution. But my last sentence would apply to either men or women so I said "I'd like to see a new member make a few posts that show his interest in D&DH is larger than his own personal interest. But if he has one reason and one reason only for posting, I'll take action."

Since I said "I'd like to see a new member...", I wasn't addressing you personally with those pronouns, but any new member. Our language doesn't have any easy universal gender-neutral pronouns that satisfy everyone. So, instead of saying "his or her" and "he or she," I usually use what we used to call the universal masculine like we used to do without any controversy. I never thought the universal masculine meant only men, so I've never seen reason for offense at that. I'm old fashioned that way, I guess. Even though "she" never refers to men (well, I guess it could [:D] in certain cases), I'm not closed minded enough to think that "he" can never include women -- particularly when we're not trying to make a joke of something.

Thanks for posting. I doubt I could ever own a whitetail enclosure, but I'd like to know more about what's involved in setting one up and managing it, so I hope to see you around.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

jstriner

Postby jstriner » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:13 am

You can delete it. I honestly didn't know, so I'll post with my signature. Thanks!
Striner's Whitetails Hunting Preserve:
http://sites.google.com/site/strinerwhitetailspreserve/

Return to Pennsylvania