Southern gun opener...

msbadger

Southern gun opener...

Postby msbadger » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Good Luck to all us Southern Gunners tomorrow Have fun and stay safe!...If you Go Up ...Hook UP!![:D][;)]

reeper0697

RE: Southern gun opener...

Postby reeper0697 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Best of luck tomorrow and be safe!![:)]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:19 pm

A very slow opener for me. I hunted most of the day Saturday (with a break in the middle for some thing I need to attend to) and this afternoon. I didn't see a single deer. But, the hill across the road sounded like a war zone. I must have heard 40 shots!

I plan to hunt some public ground tomorrow.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 am

I sat in a chair blind with my ML and TC 7-30 waters pistol Sta am . Saw 3 doe run across the lower pasture lot at 7:20 am . I had heard a lot of shooting and the 1st shot was around 6:15 . Sun up was 7:12 am . [8|]
The chair blind was restrictive and unconfortable so I walked up to my vehicle , put away the ML and TC and grabbed the 12 gauge . Took a walk to the gulley and saw a doe standing at the bottom . Shot her and then tried to figure how I was going to get her out of there . It took my sister in law and myself almost an hour to get thr deer to the top . I got 52# of boneless meat from the doe .
Here is some footage after the kill .........

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... -20-10.mp4
Semper Fi !

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:42 am

My hunting hasn't been good so far. It seems as though the deer aren't moving. But, it takes only a moment to change your season!

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to New York