Any problems with Powerbelts?

extrmhntr

Any problems with Powerbelts?

Postby extrmhntr » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:31 pm

All i shoot now are T/C Shockwaves and have for a few years. But i had a deer several years back that i lost and never recovered using Powerbelts and i had a guy this week shoot one on my property 3 times with a PB 45 cal and never went down until i hit him with a Shockwave. He shoots a Knight and uses loose powder and said in all his years of using the Powerbelts he hasn't ever had a pass through. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem or if he has a problem with the loose powder or what exactly. Whats ya'lls input??

CB on the run

RE: Any problems with Powerbelts?

Postby CB on the run » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:30 pm

The only problem I ever had with powerbelts was that they weren't as accurate as other ML bullets.  They are not as tight in the bore which is why they load far more easily then most other brands.  I have a friend who has shot several deer with them w/o any problem but he limits his shots to under 75 yards.

CB

prizebull

RE: Any problems with Powerbelts?

Postby prizebull » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:51 pm

I had a passthrough with a PB at 70 yards a couple of years ago.It was the hollow point type with no ballistic tip I mean.I don't think I like them though .Last year I shot at a deer at 30 yards and missed with the Platinum type and 5 minutes later at almost the exact same spot ,another round hit a different deer exactly where I aimed.Just today I missed (I think)at 150 yards with one.It definitely could be me but I think I'm a better shot.
I,m going to post what happened today on another forum here to see what you guys think regarding the deer I shot at was hit or not.
Gene

Return to Muzzleloaders