"Poacher X" Taunts Idaho Fish & Game

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Ben Sobieck

"Poacher X" Taunts Idaho Fish & Game

Postby Ben Sobieck » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:09 pm

From Idaho Mountain Express:

"Here is a picture of the nice buck I poached in Northern Idaho this year. & I plan to do all my Idaho hunting like this from now on," reads an anonymous letter received by the Idaho Department of Fish and Game last week.

The letter, accompanied by a picture of a 3x3 whitetail buck and a pronghorn antelope, gives no clues as to the poacher's identity. The return address space read only "Poacher X" with no actual address, though the letter was postmarked from Everett, Washington.

Department spokesman Ed Mitchell said the letter was unusual.

"This is, in my memory, the only one of these we've ever gotten," he said.

The department is currently investigating the letter, but Mitchell said the department had no suspects so far. Anyone with information on this crime may call the Citizens Against Poaching hotline at 1-800-632-5999. Informants may remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward.

Mitchell said that ordinarily, poachers are caught through public input.

"Poacher folks tend to be the type of people with other problems," Mitchell said. "They have angry girlfriends and ex-wives."

Oakarver

RE: "Poacher X" Taunts Idaho Fish & Game

Postby Oakarver » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:43 pm

If it is true..sounds like it may be someone who got caught in Idaho previously, or is just po'd at the F&G there.

Shouldn't it read "possible crime"?  It could just be a "prank"..but he's idiot whatever the case may be....

Highlander Archery

RE: "Poacher X" Taunts Idaho Fish & Game

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:46 pm

[size="3"]And here comes the altruistic HSUS... Rest assured that they will claim, spin, and exploit this to their advantage by duping hunters into believing that they are not against hunting.
[/size]
[url=http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013529366_poacher27m.html]Group posts reward in Poacher X case BOISE, Idaho — The Humane Society is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for anyone who can help Idaho authorities track down a rougue and boastful poacher.
By [/url]The Associated Press[url=http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013529366_poacher27m.html]
Related
BOISE, Idaho — The Humane Society is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for anyone who can help Idaho authorities track down a rougue and boastful poacher.
The case involves the self-described "Poacher X," who claimed in a letter to Idaho wildlife officials earlier this month to have illegally killed a whitetail deer, a pronghorn antelope and a turkey.
The Nov. 12 letter to Idaho Fish and Game officials also contained photographs of the dead deer and antelope and the promise to take more wildlife illegally. According to the letter, "Poacher X" writes: "I plan to do all my Idaho hunting like this now."
State investigators say the letter was postmarked from Everett, Wash.
The reward is being offered by the Humane Society of the United States and The Humane Society Wildlife Trust Fund.[/url]

Return to Breaking News