different opinions

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
howhill1

different opinions

Postby howhill1 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 pm

having posted on the old boards and now kepping up with the new ones a bit more and posting and readnig some of the recent posts its obvious ther is a whole spectrum of views on several subjcts. this should come as no suprise as the old saying goes opinios are like .......... every ones got one.ive been as guilty as anyone of looking down my nose so to speak on the methods of others over the years. some of which ive tried and actually ffound great joy and fullfillment in doing. im not trying to preach or get on my soapbox just reinterating the point that were all hunters and at the end of the day its us against them the more we fight each other the less work they have to do and the less time were spending fightng the true threat.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

hunter480

RE: different opinions

Postby hunter480 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:41 pm

ORIGINAL: howhill1

having posted on the old boards and now kepping up with the new ones a bit more and posting and readnig some of the recent posts its obvious ther is a whole spectrum of views on several subjcts. this should come as no suprise as the old saying goes opinios are like .......... every ones got one.ive been as guilty as anyone of looking down my nose so to speak on the methods of others over the years. some of which ive tried and actually ffound great joy and fullfillment in doing. im not trying to preach or get on my soapbox just reinterating the point that were all hunters and at the end of the day its us against them the more we fight each other the less work they have to do and the less time were spending fightng the true threat.

IF you`re describing the issue of different hunting weaponary, I agree. IF you`re talking about different "hunting" methods, i.e., baiting, enclosures, then you`re incorrect. In those instances, we`d better be in front, demanding that such unethical practices be shut down.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:21 pm

thats what i mean. define baiting. is an acre of clover and brassicas planted for the sole purpose of feeding deer baiting? should a disabled veteran or a dying child be allowed shoot a deer over a pile of apples?why is it okay to run a rabbit with a beagle but not a deer is the deer some how superior to the rabbit? more worthy? they're both gods creatures given to us so we may live. if a method is legal and an animal does not suffer and , most importantly , is not wasted , while i may not agree with it i cant side with those who would see it done away with. personnaly, as a die hard bowhunter i have a strong dislike for crossbows, i believe ther alot of people who get permits for them who dont need em, but there's alot who do that really need them so i wouldnt stand against there use. i had a rifleman from texas tell me once the bowhunting was cheating, "sittin out there all camo'ed ambushin deer" he felt it was more sporting to shoot them from the road at 300 yrds, literally. perhaps it was where he lived. i guess my point is that there are to many gray areas and buts to make all absolutes. the anti's hate all hunting they hate the use of meat of any kind for any reason. peta just shut down the egg buissness of a monestary for cryin out loud. united we stand divided we fall.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm a grown man. I have no problem with a spirited debate, and in my opinion, very few topics should be off limits, but the debate should stick to the issues.

It seems to me that we have a few people running loose on this forum who are hell bent on personal attacks. I've had enough of it.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Come on-this really doesn`t require explanation.

You all know what`s ethical and what isn`t. Shooting turkeys off the roost? Shooting into a squirrel nest? shooting a pheasant on the ground? And as for that tired old argument about baiting-no, a several acre food plot isn`t baiting, no more than hunting at the edge of a crop field is. Baiting is when the animals are trained to come to a specific location, a well defined, specific location, an exact spot, to be fed, then killed.

I`ve said for many years, legal doesn`t necessarily equal ethical, and that will always be true.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:01 pm

Wow...480...you no longer amuse me and I'm not going to be as polite... for boy you have one HUGE SET OF "ROCKY MNT. OYSTERS" ..ON YOU TO REFER TO ANY ONES LEGAL METHOD OF HUNTING AS UNETHICAL AND NEEDING SHUTTING DOWN!.. Ya know..when I said I didn't want to see CB in my area it was for specific reasons...personal to me and stated as much....never said that they were unethical or should be restricted to all...for if some one truely can't phyically handle a recurve or compound and wants the up close experiance of bow hunting they should be able to do so...I also don't want rifles in this area and hope NY is smart enough to keep them out of reg. 8 but I gladly use my rifle at our camp....We can't hunt over bait and mineral licks and all the other sweet treats they have out there are a BIG NO..NO here.... but other states say OK for their reasons and more power to them...You have an axe to grind for your CB's FINE but for cripes sake ...keep a civil tongue in your mouth in refering to others opinions or just bite your tongue and be quiet....PLEASE

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:15 pm

msbadger is right on, dude. Chill out.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:22 pm

ORIGINAL: vambo991

I`ve not been uncivil in the least-but I HAVE asked for factual debate-not, Holy Geeze, 150 yard shots with a cross bow!!!!!!! Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!

Msbadger doesn`t "want" rifles in her area-that`s her opinion, and I`ve done nothing but the same-express MY opinion.

Post with facts, NOT rhetoric and suppositions, and accept that my opinion is equally as valid as yours.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Forums Register Login My Profile Inbox Address Book My Subscription My Forums

Photo Gallery Member List Search Calendars FAQ Ticket List Log Out
ORIGINAL: hunter480

ORIGINAL: vambo991

I`ve not been uncivil in the least-but I HAVE asked for factual debate-not, Holy Geeze, 150 yard shots with a cross bow!!!!!!! Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!

Msbadger doesn`t "want" rifles in her area-that`s her opinion, and I`ve done nothing but the same-express MY opinion.

Post with facts, NOT rhetoric and suppositions, and accept that my opinion is equally as valid as yours.

I've got to back him up on this. I read nothing in H480's posts that cross the line. Passionate? Yes! Uncivil? No.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:51 pm

To that I'll simply suggest that one should get out their dictionary..and look up the words civil...and passionate....then go back to the CB posts and read what he had to say again...Now as with that post... I'm also done giving my opinion on this matter....Thank you

Next

Return to General Discussions