3 bucks within an hour!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

RE: 3 bucks within an hour!

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:39 am

That's true, J'per, but that's about where the comparison ends. And without dredging up that whole deal, I'll just say that the reason I didn't I like that ad in a magazine like D&DH was because I found it insulting to women, just as I found some of these comments to be insulting to this young lady who shot the deer..

But I still go by my "antler nazi" term. Anyone who tells someone else what, where, and how they can LEGALLY hunt while not paying for their fees, or owning/controlling the ground they hunt on is a nazi, facist, or whatever totalatarian term you chose to use. And what galls me even further, is that many of these kinds of folks have ZERO scientific knowledge of deer, botony, or wildlife managment, especially as compared to the wildlife professionals who we pay to actually do this job. Are they perfect? Of course not. But most of the time when they do fall short is when POLITICIANS (of whom also have ZERO knowledge deer, botony, or wildlife management) get involved in the mix. C'mon, you have 3 legal tags. What business is it of ours if the hunter legally fills those tags in 3 minutes or 3 months? And to further criticize this person because the bucks weren't up to someone else's completely arbitrary standards (kind of like the implication being touted in that ad, by the way), further points out this fact.

And just WHAT do you call someone who tries to impose their will on someone else for doing a perfectly legal endeavor?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:43 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

And just WHAT do you call someone who tries to impose their will on someone else for doing a perfectly legal endeavor?

Not sure to be honest. I guess I haven't found a name to group all of them together. I'd rather take it on a case by case basis. But until they begin to advocate violent racism and shoving people into ovens, I think I'll avoid calling anyone a Nazi.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:51 am

I've been following this thread since it began and find it interesting. Although I won't offer my opinion ( I have enough enemies as it is [:o] ), I do have a question: Is it legal for a person to shoot 3 bucks in Wis? Obviously it is or it wouldn't have been on TV but I would like to know how the law reads. Can you party hunt there? How many bucks CAN you shoot?
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Marc: This is taken right out of the Wisconsin regulations.

Group Deer Hunting Law
Group Hunting: It is illegal to kill game for another person EXCEPT that during a
deer firearm season only any member of a group deer hunting party may kill a deer
for another member of the party. Group hunting is not legal for archery deer hunting.
All participants must be licensed and each must possess a firearm, except a mentor
and the person they are mentoring under the hunting mentorship program may share
one firearm (see page 12 for hunting mentorship program rules). Members of a group
deer hunting party should also agree in advance that a tag holder is willing to use
their tag on a deer killed by another member of the party.
The following conditions are established by law to ensure that hunters are actively participating
in the hunt, are in the field and do not harvest more deer than the group has tags for:
1. A group deer hunting party must be at least 2 or more hunters who are hunting
together within sight or voice contact of one another at all times. Temporary loss
of voice or visual contact for a reasonable time due to terrain or weather conditions
is acceptable. Hunters may not kill deer for persons who are not out in the field
actively hunting with the party or are at other locations apart from the area where
the hunter killed the deer.
2. Group deer hunting is not allowed to fill the special free Antlerless Deer Carcass
Tag issued to first-time Hunter Education graduates.
3. Hunters may not use cellular phones, special free radio communications or other
mechanical or electronic amplifying devices, (except hearing aids) to get someone
to tag a deer. It is legal to use electronic devices for reasons other than getting
someone to tag a deer.
4. The hunter for whom the deer is killed must possess a valid, unused carcass tag for
the type of deer killed.
5. The hunter killing the deer may not leave the deer unattended until after the deer
is tagged and the tag is validated according to the deer carcass tagging instructions
(page 13). A hunter is attending a deer if the hunter can see the deer.
6. Convicted felons cannot participate in group deer hunting or allow use of their tag by
anyone else. Deer drivers are not required to possess firearms or hunting licenses.
7. Adults may not gun deer hunt during the October 9 and 10 youth gun deer hunt.
Scott

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:36 pm

ORIGINAL: gunther89

Marc: This is taken right out of the Wisconsin regulations.

Group Deer Hunting Law
Group Hunting: It is illegal to kill game for another person EXCEPT that during a
deer firearm season only any member of a group deer hunting party may kill a deer
for another member of the party. Group hunting is not legal for archery deer hunting.
All participants must be licensed and each must possess a firearm, except a mentor
and the person they are mentoring under the hunting mentorship program may share
one firearm (see page 12 for hunting mentorship program rules). Members of a group
deer hunting party should also agree in advance that a tag holder is willing to use
their tag on a deer killed by another member of the party.
The following conditions are established by law to ensure that hunters are actively participating
in the hunt, are in the field and do not harvest more deer than the group has tags for:
1. A group deer hunting party must be at least 2 or more hunters who are hunting
together within sight or voice contact of one another at all times. Temporary loss
of voice or visual contact for a reasonable time due to terrain or weather conditions
is acceptable. Hunters may not kill deer for persons who are not out in the field
actively hunting with the party or are at other locations apart from the area where
the hunter killed the deer.
2. Group deer hunting is not allowed to fill the special free Antlerless Deer Carcass
Tag issued to first-time Hunter Education graduates.
3. Hunters may not use cellular phones, special free radio communications or other
mechanical or electronic amplifying devices, (except hearing aids) to get someone
to tag a deer. It is legal to use electronic devices for reasons other than getting
someone to tag a deer.
4. The hunter for whom the deer is killed must possess a valid, unused carcass tag for
the type of deer killed.
5. The hunter killing the deer may not leave the deer unattended until after the deer
is tagged and the tag is validated according to the deer carcass tagging instructions
(page 13). A hunter is attending a deer if the hunter can see the deer.
6. Convicted felons cannot participate in group deer hunting or allow use of their tag by
anyone else. Deer drivers are not required to possess firearms or hunting licenses.
7. Adults may not gun deer hunt during the October 9 and 10 youth gun deer hunt.

Thanks Scott!

So in this case, three bucks were killed and it appears that only two persons were hunting. Can a hunter in Wis. kill two bucks?
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Since she was hunting outside the CWD zone then a 3rd person would have to be within shouting or sight distance.  I never heard in the interview where the 3rd person was at, but if there wasn't a 3rd person within shouting distance then it was taken illegally. 
Scott

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Since the story is about a remarkable achievement by a young hunter and there seems to be no game department objection or investigation, it would seem that everything was above board and legal. Once again, easier to scrutinize and crucify one of our own than face down HSUS and their propaganda, lies, and illicit tactics. 

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:15 pm

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

Since the story is about a remarkable achievement by a young hunter and there seems to be no game department objection or investigation, it would seem that everything was above board and legal. Once again, easier to scrutinize and crucify one of our own than face down HSUS and their propaganda, lies, and illicit tactics. 

Wow! Where did that come from?

If you're referring to the polite conversation between gunther89 and I, it would be YOU that is "scrutinizing or crucifying one of our own", and that would be us. Where's the so called crucifying? I was merrily intrigued with Wisconsin state law as we can only kill two bucks here in Illinois and we can't party hunt. I don't think I've ever heard of three bucks going down in that short of time by ANY hunter, so obviously, it created some questions. I do agree that your medicine should be taken though...by you. There was nothing in my statement or gunther89's to suggest anything negative towards this young lady who killed these bucks. Maybe it was my statement of "Obviously it is legal or it wouldn't have been on TV but I would like to know how the law reads" that was so offensive?

This is where arguments stem. People assuming before asking.

If what she did was legal, more power to her!

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 pm

ORIGINAL: Marc Anthony

If you're referring to the polite conversation between gunther89 and I, it would be YOU that is "scrutinizing or crucifying one of our own", and that would be us. Where's the so called crucifying? I was merrily intrigued with Wisconsin state law as we can only kill two bucks here in Illinois and we can't party hunt. I don't think I've ever heard of three bucks going down in that short of time by ANY hunter, so obviously, it created some questions. I do agree that your medicine should be taken though...by you. There was nothing in my statement or gunther89's to suggest anything negative towards this young lady who killed these bucks. Maybe it was my statement of "Obviously it is legal or it wouldn't have been on TV but I would like to know how the law reads" that was so offensive?

I know what you were getting at and where you stand. I was not referring to your comments, you were simply looking for clarification. I was referring to the speculation of others as to where a third hunter was, did they have enough tags, why did she have to shoot the 3rd, lesser buck, etc. WI agency is not investigating this which should, by rights, end any speculation to the legality of what she accomplished. Proud father talking about his daughter... who cares who or where a third, fouth or 20th hunter was?

As to the scrutinize and crucify, it was not directed at you. It was a reiteration of what I said in the previous thread.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 pm

ORIGINAL: Marc Anthony

I know what you were getting at and where you stand. I was not referring to your comments, you were simply looking for clarification. I was referring to the speculation of others as to where a third hunter was, did they have enough tags, why did she have to shoot the 3rd, lesser buck, etc. WI agency is not investigating this which should, by rights, end any speculation to the legality of what she accomplished. Proud father talking about his daughter... who cares who or where a third, fouth or 20th hunter was?

Fair enough. Peace brother [:D]

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News