different opinions

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

RE: different opinions

Postby JPH » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:56 pm

ORIGINAL: msbadger

To that I'll simply suggest that one should get out their dictionary..and look up the words civil...and passionate....then go back to the CB posts and read what he had to say again...Now as with that post... I'm also done giving my opinion on this matter....Thank you

I was judging this baised on what I read on this thread. Maybe that is one of the problems, we are dragging our baggage from one thread to another. Heck, I've even seen people drag in things that have been posted in other forums.

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:59 pm

I wasn't talking about the "civil" part. I don't care if you attack someones viewpoint or if you're just "spirited". What's bothering me is your constant use of words like "condone" and "unethical". Make your argument, Hunter480... That's fine and well, but you've got to remember this... Ya can't force your beliefs on everybody ya talk to. There are people from all over the country on this forum, and many have probably taken game in ways that would make me laugh or confused or even angry... but that doesn't make them wrong... and they don't need me telling them that they're "unethical". I agree that the word "hunt" should be used more carefully, but you just talk too much "ban this" crap for me. Just MY opinion.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:12 pm

ORIGINAL: vambo991

I wasn't talking about the "civil" part. I don't care if you attack someones viewpoint or if you're just "spirited". What's bothering me is your constant use of words like "condone" and "unethical". Make your argument, Hunter480... That's fine and well, but you've got to remember this... Ya can't force your beliefs on everybody ya talk to. There are people from all over the country on this forum, and many have probably taken game in ways that would make me laugh or confused or even angry... but that doesn't make them wrong... and they don't need me telling them that they're "unethical". I agree that the word "hunt" should be used more carefully, but you just talk too much "ban this" crap for me. Just MY opinion.

And I would submit that some are merely too thin skinned. I`ve never used the words, nor stated that anything should be banned. What I have said is that some forms of, so called hunting, are indeed unethical. If, in this day of political correctness, you find that unappealing, that`s up to you.

I`ve asked for accurate depictions of events, as well as accurate depictions of possible events. NOT 150 yard crossbow shots, not, swinging a crossbow like a rifle and firing away thru the woods.

I never attacked msbadger, nor anyone else. I simply stated that facts need to be seprated from opinion, and stated as such.

To attempt to keep others from hunting during archery seasons with cross bows because you mistakenly believe 150 yard shots will take away your compound edge, or, because you, as an alarmist, rant that, "they`ll" be swinging thru the trees, firing away, you`re being extremely disingenious.

Make an effort to put emotions, and slights, real or perceived, on the back burner, and deal in facts.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:35 pm

480 has in no way been disrespectful or uncivil, although I whole heartedly disagree with him on this subject. He defends what he believes passionately. He just has not seen the larger picture and maybe not experienced things from others' perspectives or experiences. Let me post an article out of Bismark from July 11 of this year.Note that this was written by an HSUS representative and mirrors closely their efforts in MI dove and NJ bear hunting initiatives. All of this can be researched independently with various google searches.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2008/07/11/news/opinion/letters/159903.txt

I will also note that 480 has been spot on regarding crossbows, he has also never stated banning anything was a solution. I do believe he is seeing the high fence from a media induced perspective. There are operations that work the way he thinks but they are the vast minority.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:46 pm

Can you guys hold off for 20 minutes or so?  I just ran out of popcorn and I need to run out and buy some more!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:51 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

[size="3"]Can you guys hold off for 20 minutes or so?  I just ran out of popcorn and I need to run out and buy some more![/size]

You better get your priorities straight old man. BUY POPCORN BEFORE GETTING ON THE NET.

before any of you think I am disrespecting WW, we know each other.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:56 pm

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

Can you guys hold off for 20 minutes or so?  I just ran out of popcorn and I need to run out and buy some more!

You better get your priorities straight old man. BUY POPCORN BEFORE GETTING ON THE NET.

You young whippersnapper! Old man, huh?? Help me up out of this chair and I'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget! 

Um......what was it we were talking about again?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:57 pm

That's funny... How'd I get into this mess? Somebody gotta good joke to lighten the mood?

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:59 pm

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

[size="3"]Can you guys hold off for 20 minutes or so?  I just ran out of popcorn and I need to run out and buy some more![/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]You young whippersnapper! Old man, huh?? Help me up out of this chair and I'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget!  [/size]
[size="3"][/size] 
[size="3"]Um......what was it we were talking about again?[/size]

Till you show up here to help with the expected crowd(5000), I aint letting up.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:03 pm

ORIGINAL: vambo991

That's funny... How'd I get into this mess? Somebody gotta good joke to lighten the mood?

Woodsy volunteers with the trailblazer program and teaches the kids archery. Unfortunately, these same kids seem to be better at it than he is.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions