3 bucks within an hour!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Highlander Archery

RE: 3 bucks within an hour!

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Fair enough

LaCatahoula

Postby LaCatahoula » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 pm

I may regret posting this but its my opionion on the matter so here it goes. I say CONGRATS to the girl. If its legal go for it. I think a BIG problems hunters have as a whole is " my way is the right way" attitude. What happened to uninted we stand devided we fall? There are enough people and groups trying to stop us from hunting we can't afford to fight each other. I believe if its legal do it that means bait, calls, dogs' guns whatever. Just because its not the way I hunt does't mean it wrong.

muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

Postby muzzyswuirrel@gmail. » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:26 pm

howd you ever manage that?
muzzysquirrel

CoG

Postby CoG » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:50 pm

ORIGINAL: muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

howd you ever manage that?

Is that for me?
-Benny

eberhaar863828

Postby eberhaar863828 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Wow this thread has taken off since that last time I logged in. I am somewhat happy that has happened but there are some people on here that think that mine and some subsequent posts were attacking the young girl and her accomplishment. This is not at all what I had intended to happen. I am sorry. I probably should of started a new thread to ask my questions. I just thought it fit in with the story but that was probably a bad example.

What I wanted to know was how many bucks do you think we should be able to take in a season(gun deer)?

I stated that I thought we should take one buck which is what we have tags for here in WI. I do not think we should have to "borrow" other peoples tags. I also stated I am not a fan of party hunting. And here is my observation/ reasoning.

I was out opening weekend of firearms and was listening to my radio while sitting in stand all day. I turned it to scan to see if anyone else from outside our group was having any luck. What I heard made me a bit angry. I heard a man had shot a buck and was calling on the radio for some kid in their group to come tag it for him as he had already shot a buck earlier. He then shot another buck a little while later in the day and had another young hunter in their group come and tag it. All said this individual shot three bucks and two does opening day and had two young hunters come tag his deer. This made me mad. He took away those young hunters buck tags. At that age they should be able to shoot whatever they want to in my opinion. They are just learning to hunt. Why would you take away the experience of shooting their first buck away? To me this showed how greedy some people are. This man should of been the role model the father in the story was and help teach the children how to hunt. Instead he took their tags. I remember my first buck and it was a great experience. Too bad these young hunters wont be able to have theirs this year.

Sorry for rambling but this really bothered me.

Again my congrats go to the girl in the story.
Ducks

Cal

Postby Cal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:40 pm

ORIGINAL: eberhaar863828

Wow this thread has taken off since that last time I logged in. I am somewhat happy that has happened but there are some people on here that think that mine and some subsequent posts were attacking the young girl and her accomplishment. This is not at all what I had intended to happen. I am sorry. I probably should of started a new thread to ask my questions. I just thought it fit in with the story but that was probably a bad example.

What I wanted to know was how many bucks do you think we should be able to take in a season(gun deer)?

I stated that I thought we should take one buck which is what we have tags for here in WI. I do not think we should have to "borrow" other peoples tags. I also stated I am not a fan of party hunting. And here is my observation/ reasoning.

I was out opening weekend of firearms and was listening to my radio while sitting in stand all day. I turned it to scan to see if anyone else from outside our group was having any luck. What I heard made me a bit angry. I heard a man had shot a buck and was calling on the radio for some kid in their group to come tag it for him as he had already shot a buck earlier. He then shot another buck a little while later in the day and had another young hunter in their group come and tag it. All said this individual shot three bucks and two does opening day and had two young hunters come tag his deer. This made me mad. He took away those young hunters buck tags. At that age they should be able to shoot whatever they want to in my opinion. They are just learning to hunt. Why would you take away the experience of shooting their first buck away? To me this showed how greedy some people are. This man should of been the role model the father in the story was and help teach the children how to hunt. Instead he took their tags. I remember my first buck and it was a great experience. Too bad these young hunters wont be able to have theirs this year.

Sorry for rambling but this really bothered me.

Again my congrats go to the girl in the story.

Calling another person with a radio to tag a deer is a clear violation of Wisconsin game laws, ethics aside, and should be reported to the WDNR.

bowman12

Postby bowman12 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 pm

First of all, congrats to the young hunter, Dad and her are both excited and that's a big part of what it's all about. They also shot 3 "shooter" bucks by there standards so it's a huge win win for them all the way around.

I have a 3 year old daughter and I hope she'll be hunting with me one day.
IMO, and in my area, I would've had her let the 3rd buck walk. It looks like a 2 1/2 year old 8, and the other two look to be 3 1/2 and maybe 4 1/2. There's also a huge satisfaction and something to learn by letting a younger buck walk. With the other two down I hope my daughter would've been very happy to just watch the last buck. If it would've come out first I'm pretty sure she would've shot all three too.

NC Deer Hunter

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:26 pm

I guess I am an Antler Nazi. Let it be said.

Previous

Return to Breaking News