best ladder stand?

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

best ladder stand?

Postby muzzyswuirrel@gmail. » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:04 pm

im an underaged bowhunter and am looking at purchasing at least a 15ft. ladder stand that will hold me plus my father. dont want to spend more than $150 but will if worth it! thanks!
muzzysquirrel

muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

RE: best ladder stand?

Postby muzzyswuirrel@gmail. » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 pm

and any restraints/accessories such as blind material that i might need... reccomendations?
muzzysquirrel

Deep 6

Postby Deep 6 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:33 pm

check out walmart in their hunting department. I bout two of the two man ladder stands, they run here in va for 105 bucks. The stands are made by remington and are as good as your more expensive brands you see in bass pro or cabelas, or check craigs list or ebay. But I would check walmart first.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:29 am

I have 2 of the Remington 2 man ladders from WalMart also. They are good stands. My only wish is that the foot platform ran back to the tree instead of only being as wide as my boots are long. That would give a man somewhere to store his pack while hunting. The seats are not very deep so I prefer to stand most of the time. I think I paid $94.00 for one and $105.00 for the other. I have a camo skirt around mine but that really makes getting in and out of it a hassle. The skirt also is kinda reflective and makes the stand "stand out" in the early morning sun. I'm gonna change that skirt out next year too.
They come with two climbing harnesses also. They are made by Ameristep.

Rubydog

Postby Rubydog » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:57 am

Dick's Sporting Goods or on their online store .... They sell a "Magnum " double ladder stand I think made by "Field & Stream". These stands are huge. They have big full platforms that can hold your pack or anything else on them. They also have a couple of storage packs (small, one on each side) and an adjustable padded shooting rail, padded seats w/ warmer pockets.

I put one of these together and installed it for a friend of mine and was impressed with its overall appearance and functionality. If I had a place to put one, I would have bought one myself.

You will need a decent size tree to put this on. The stand is big & heavy and needs a larger diameter tree for full stability.

muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

Postby muzzyswuirrel@gmail. » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 pm

thanks for your opinions and yeah ive been eying the magnum at dicks sporting goods. ill look into walmart too
muzzysquirrel

NYSupersportsman

Postby NYSupersportsman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:05 pm

anything by Big Game Treestands is a great product! Look into those as well. Otherwise Dicks is the place to buy stands. They are inexpensive and well made. They go on sale this time of the year too!

muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

Postby muzzyswuirrel@gmail. » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:58 pm

yeah im going to buy a magnum from dicks sporting goods. thanks though
muzzysquirrel

Return to Tree Stands