Where would you buy property?

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
rudedog36

RE: Where would you buy property?

Postby rudedog36 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Ditto guy above. Buffallo county wisconsin.

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 pm

My spot would be anywhere that everybody and there bro and sis could not get to. I'm not much on high fences for hunting but after some of my encounters with unwanted guest it might help keep them magets out!!! So I would take 1000 acres in Buffalo or trempealeau WI with a 12' high fence if money is not an issue.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:50 pm

ORIGINAL: hookset6969

...with a 12' high fence if money is not an issue.

Now see, a high fence would taint the experience for me.

I'd play it like this. I'd build a house on the fringe of my property for my land manager. I'd pay him well but one of his duties would be to patrol the boundaries several times a day, at irregular intervals. He'd have a cell phone and a camera with him to report any unwelcome visitors to the sheriff. I would also host a summer hog roast and a winter Christmas party for all the deputies and conservation officers. Money is no object, right?

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:52 pm

I would be JPH's land manager.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:07 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

I would be JPH's land manager.

...and camp cook.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:23 pm

I can tell you it sure wouldn't be where I hunt right now...there's too much pressure and too many idiots that hunt entirely too close to my lease. I'd probably head midWest where they grow 'em big that is not over-run with hunters. Perhaps Saskatchewan too.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

pschuh32

Postby pschuh32 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Money no issue, I'd buy Lokosky's farm in Iowa. All the work is already done, Tiffany could even stay and hunt with me!

bowboxer

Postby bowboxer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:23 pm

north dakota or west kentucky.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:46 pm

I would buy the 220 acre property I live on and all the neighboring properties that conjoin to it here in Northern Dunn County in Wisconny. I think all together it would be close to 1000 acres with alot of thick woods and open fields that are used to grow corn, soybeans, and alfalfa. My neighbor to the south has a river running thru his property and alot of hardwoods. My neighbor to the west has a pine tree plantation and a small swamp with a pond. Neighbor to the north has many acres of solid hardwoods. Neighbor to the east has a huge field where corn and soybeans are usually planted every year, and the property I live on have all alfalfa and clover fields with few thick woodlots. If I owned all this and properly managed it, there should no problem taking huge bucks every year. Two of my neighbors practice QDM and I do my part , but when all the family come out during rifle season, all my efforts go down the drain and I have no problem with that. They have kids to feed and I don't.
Buffalo County WI sounds fun but that area is getting pounded and raided by the orange army now since it became a big buck hotspot and I could see Buffalo County dropping down in big buck numbers in the years to come. It became far to commercialized and I think it will become worse. Any property that runs along the Mississippi River is always good. I here it is because of the soil quality, but I don't know. Anyways, I hope to win the big lottery someday to make my dream happen.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:02 am

I would buy all the property that I hunt now along with the tree farm Deer Boss hunts on which is just across the road from where I hunt. Most of the property that I hunt on was owned by my family at one time. I would have to buy the one farm out of the managed forest program to close it to public hunting. It is plenty of property to manage quality deer. Since I don't play the lottery I will quit dreaming now.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements