MN deer registration article

dewey

MN deer registration article

Postby dewey » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:19 pm

How did you register your deer in Minnesota? We did ours by the phone on the way home and it was VERY easy.

Here is an article from the Star Tribune talking about the deer registration numbers and how roughly half of the registered deer were done by the phone or internet.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdo ... anchO7DiUs

Like others have said it is pretty amazing that in the first year half the registered deer were done by phone or internet.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

Brad Juaire

RE: MN deer registration article

Postby Brad Juaire » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:46 pm

I also did mine over the phone and it was very simple. Over the years I always hated it when you killed a deer right before dark and then it was too late to register it in town because they were closed. So you had to hang it up over night and then take it down in the morning just to go register it. Not anymore!

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:27 am

I had to take it in person, since I hunt in zone 3 in SE MN. It's a price I'm willing to pay to have antler point restrictions!

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 am

I used the phone method and love it. Much butter than having to haul my deer into town before I can start cutting it up.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:08 pm

I tell ya.....how easy was it to call in over the phone?!  Absolutely a great move by the MN DNR!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to Minnesota