Saturday ML Opener. Anyone Going?

8uck5nort

Saturday ML Opener. Anyone Going?

Postby 8uck5nort » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:45 pm

I will. My youngest son still is looking for his first deer this year so we will be out snow and all. We will be primarily on the ground in blinds to stay dry and a little warmer.

Who else is going?
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Wanderer

RE: Saturday ML Opener. Anyone Going?

Postby Wanderer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:33 pm

I'll be there. I've got a doe tag left that's burning a hole in my pocket. I,too, will do the ground thing. I just got a new Primos - The Escape Deluxe blind delivered from Cabelas yesterday. I had it up in the basement last night. Today I sprayed the top with silicone waterproofing spray and right now it's out in the backyard airing out. I'll try to get it set up tomorrow, but the winds on Saturday are supposed to go ENE to NNE to N over the course of 6 A.M. to about 2P.M.. That'll be tough to set up for where I want to hunt. This is the first time I'll be hunting late season here at home. I think that I've got the travel patterns figured out. If not, I'll be warm and dry. I can always read D&DH magazine in the blind. I've got a new powder charge and a new heavier Powerbelt all worked out. I just need a deer to try it out on. I'm planning on hunting all 16 days of season except the SAT/Sun in the middle. We'll be in Michigan those two days

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I haven't decided yet, but probably not, due to the fact that this would be the only weekend I could do since I am leaving for Florida next Sat. for Christmas.  But to those that do go out,  GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:50 pm

My hunting partner and I will be out......probably hunt one spot in a tree stand in the morning, then jump to a second spot in a ground blind in the afternoon.....

I still have a buck to kill. I took 2 does during the early archery season, killed nothing during firearms, but am hoping to take antlers over the next 2 weeks.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:53 pm

We just got back from 3 days in Michigan. We got lots of heavy snow up in Remus, MI. We got back to Indiana about 3;00 P.M. on Sunday. We've got 29 mph NNW winds tonight with snow.Looking at chill factor of -3 tomorrow morning with 22 mph winds. I'm starting to wonder if my pop-up blind will be there when I get up in the morning. Dontcha just love late season hunting?

Return to Indiana