Scent A Way Tek 4 Clothing

4khorn

Scent A Way Tek 4 Clothing

Postby 4khorn » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:11 am

With all the hoopla surrounding Scentlok and carbon clothing I was just curious as to your opinions on Scent a Way's new line of Tek 4 clothing. I just read about it in a magazine and it sounds kind of interesting. Its hard to buy into it though with the questions surrounding scent eliminating clothing. Ive never heard of silver being used as a scent eliminator either. What do you all think? Anyone looking into buying or already bought?

Here is a link to the product page on Scent a way's website.

http://www.hunterspec.com/Updateable/update_display.cfm?pageID=2519&categoryID=49
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

wack

RE: Scent A Way Tek 4 Clothing

Postby wack » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Silver has been used for years already, but just recently put out by Scent away. I know nothing about the Tek 4, but my warmest baselayer is Cabelas version, I've got light weight X SCENT base layers that are very comfy and my Cabelas Ingenious socks and X Scent use the silver and are awesome.
 I've got a full Scent Blocker carbon suit, jacket and pants. The past few years I've worn the carbon siut the most, yet my old non carbon camo jacket and pants was what I was wearing  on A LOT MORE successful hunts I was on this year. Go figure. The only problem with the silver clothing is the price, but the price seems to be more from the wicking and warmth qualities than the scent elimination qualities. Cold Gear is about the same price, $50 each, top and bottom. If the Scent AWAY clothing is in that same price range or better, I'd try them. If they are warm and wick moisture good, that to me is the most important thing. If the silver helps, icing on the cake.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Return to Clothing