RE: 2010 Season Roll Call

Postby MassMan20 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:55 pm

MassMan20

Postby MassMan20 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:56 pm

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:46 pm

nice pic massman. I really like that feeder, did u make that yourself. I wish i could put one like that out but i know it would be stolen.

MassMan20

Postby MassMan20 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:11 am

I didnt make the feeder but i will be making one...yea man you have to love NJ hunters...the cam that took the pictures was stolen and the stand.

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Nice deer Massman20. I know what you mean had a cam stolen on my buddy's property.Trying to scout for new area to hunt. In my area if you don't belong to a club it seems your limited to where you can hunt.
Anyhow got back from my trip to West Virginia. Got to love all the space to hunt there. Went to Elk Mountain on thanksgiving " The Adventure " I call it. 1/2 hour ride on my quad to get to the spot I hunt, a ten minute hike up to a old logging road. Think steep mountains & big woods. Just awesome scenery. Here's where P90X would of helped. Huffing and puffing I reach the old logging road, it runs for about 500 yards, I was about 100 yards from one end and heard a racked coming from the woods. I know this is no squirrel. I head towards the woods and see a doe. The logging road is kind of rolling, so I duck below the road. I know a buck is trailing her. Got to be, all the sounds, the situation, its just like what I read about. I here a loud grunt. I look up over the road and there is a buck, a nice buck. Biggest I've seen live anyhow. Still huffing and puffing and maybe a little buck fever, I take about a forty yard shot. I knew I missed. Cross hairs dancing. I follow up with a running shot as he darted down hill and connected. There's a fine line between luck & a little skill. Now here's my favorite part The Blood Trail. I find good blood, easy to follow.. for a while. I trailed him for about 50 yards then all of a sudden one big blood spot with lung tissue and the blood trail stops. I know its a dead deer. I can't figure where he went. Just disappeared. For a half an hour I look. I finally decide to back track and retrace the blood trail. I see some leaves turned over and find blood going in a different direction. He back tracked about 15 yards and went down another old logging road. I trailed for another 20 or so yards and there, in the cat tails, was the buck. A nice 7 pointer. Biggest deer to date for me. The logging road I found him on was about fifty yards from my quad. Easy drag. By 9 o'clock I was sitting on my quad looking at my buck. Just an awesome, awesome trip.
I wish you all good luck this week. Go make a memory

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 am

nice pics mass man...those are some quality bucks...hope ya get shots on them.  Boopie...good to hear from ya...we gotta figure out a time to meet for the beer and scout that other piece of property.  Good luck Deerbill and all!

MassMan20

Postby MassMan20 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:48 am

Gratz D...sounds like a great time and story...I say it skill over luck anyday lolol...

yea i hope they come by just getting ready for winter bow now that my 8 killed my tag..

put up some pic's of your buck when u have time would love to see him.

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:22 pm

If i did this right.. Here is my "TD BUCK" (turkey day buck). I have him at the taxidermist

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:20 am

too bad deanoz doesnt respond to requests to attend his get together i guess he only wants people he allready knows well hisloss is his loss so ill forget about him and his meeting to the other people who responded to my input thanks but ill be signing off now as i lost my interest in this blog thanks anyway hank k

MassMan20

Postby MassMan20 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:22 am

Krawiech....You need to relax man...Everyone has been trying together since the start of last season...this season is almost over and it still has not happen yet...people have lives and other things going on...deanoz has not even been on the blog a lot this year his been away hunting in different states for most of the season...last year he would blog everyday about his hunts...i really dont think he meant anything by not ans you..he may just have other things going on...no need to get all upset..GOOD LUCK ON REST OF SEASON [:D]

PreviousNext

Return to New Jersey