Cuddeback? or Bushnell?

10PT

RE: Cuddeback? or Bushnell?

Postby 10PT » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi Everyone, My first post here. Seems to be some very nice people here, hope I can fit in. [8|] There is some great info on these forums and some very nice deer pics. Hope everyone is having a great 2010 season. I have 2 CB Experts and 1 CB Noflash. Have had some problems with all of them at times. The Experts seem to be the better camera imo. The noflash misses a good amount of pics. Customer service is not the best I have seen. I have had to send all 3 in at different times @ $110. each. [:@]   The last one I had to send in had 46 lifetime pics on the camera and I made 7 calls over 3 days to CB before they would agree to fix it for free if it indeed only had 46 pics on it when they got it....and It did. [:D] They fixed that one for free. CB makes a nice camera with very nice pictures but doesn't seem to hold up very long before something goes wrong. The main issue I have had when having to send them back to CB is that they will take the picture but will not save it to the memory...and that is a $110 issue. If they address some of the issues that the customer is having and fix the problems I may give them another chance but for now my next camera will not be a CB.

10PT

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks everyone....For those of you with Trophy Cams- Is their trigger speed very good? I know it's probly not close to what the Cuddeback's is, but does it get the whole deer???

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Well I actually did the Cuddeback test and both cameras got me in the middle of the picture.  So I would say trigger speed is good for both.
Scott

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:56 pm

I would say Cuddeback's trigger speed and overall photos are better because they have center-subject technology which results in the deer being in the middle of the picture almost every time whether it is running or walking.
Kyle

pschuh32

Postby pschuh32 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:10 am

I've never owned a cuddeback or a bushnell, but I have found this website pretty helpful and interesting.http://www.trailcampro.com/2010trailcamerashootout.aspx Since they sell pretty much every model of trail camera it seems like it would be a fairly unbias opinion. It makes you realize the amount of game you could be missing with some cameras. According to this it looks like the bushnell trophy cam is the camera of choice, picture quality doesn't mater if it's not capturing the subject.

kevjack6

Postby kevjack6 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:13 am

I have both...I would recommend the Cuddeback Capture with flash over the Bushnell IR. I love the nighttime pics I get with the Capture...with the Bushnell, if the deer are not standing exactly in front of the camera, you have a difficult time telling what the deer is. This could just be an issue with IR cameras, I'm not sure, this is the only IR camera I've ever had.

I've posted more about my Bushnell in the Trophy Cam Thread.

SCHINK

Postby SCHINK » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:38 am

I have BOTH..the Cuddeback IR and flash....and the night time IR pic's are hard to see if the deer is moving also.....I pick the flash too 
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

DEERBOSS

Postby DEERBOSS » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:11 pm

BOTH ARE GREAT CAMERAS. I PERSONALY HAVE A BUSHNELL AND MY BROTHERS HAVE CUDDEBACKS. I PERSONALLY WOULD CHOOSE THE BUSHNELL FOR THE MAIN REASON IT HAS BURST MODE (MEANING IT WILL TAKE MULTIPLE PICS AT A TIME) THIS IS A GREAT FEATURE CAUSE IT WILL GIVE YOU DIFFERENT ANGLES OF THE DEER. MAKES IT EASIER TO ID THE DEER IF YOU CAN SEE A STICKER OR AN UNSUAL POINT.

THEY BOTH HAVE GREAT BATTERY LIFE. BOTH CAMERAS LASTED A WHOLE YEAR ON A SINGLE SET OF BATTERIES. LUCKILY THE BUSHNELL RUNS ON JUST 8 AA BATTERIES.

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Thanks everyone....

I think the only thing keeping me from buying a Trophy Cam is chasingame.com.....They review it pretty bad. Do you guys think I should believe it? or just ignore it? I also don't know which model to get if I got one.

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Cabelas has Trophy Cams on sale for $150 right now.. Do you guys think I should get one? Everyone on here says they're great, but the reviews on Cabelas are pretty putrid. I don't know what to do anymore...

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras