Hunting a Scrape Line?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
OHhunter

RE: Hunting a Scrape Line?

Postby OHhunter » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:38 am

In my expirience hunting scrape lines can be very rewarding during a small window each season.  Theres few days where the bucks are raring to go and the does still haven't got to that point yet.  The bucks seem to visit their scrapes a little more often and can be patterned for a very brief time.  This is when my journal comes in handy, I've found that there are a few of the same scrapes that annually get visited by numerous bucks during this time period. Only because of bad stand placement and poor shooting (buck fever),  I have failed to cash in. 

ARROWSMITH

RE: Hunting a Scrape Line?

Postby ARROWSMITH » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:47 am

The biggest mistake that hunters make when it comes to hunting scapes is that they hunt the scrape itself the key is to hunt 75-100 yards down wind of the scrape.  Smart older bucks that frequent a scape (however it was started) will approach the scrape from this direction with there nose in overdrive. (mainly to smell other deer that have been to the scrape) If your upwind at all from his approach, your busted and don't even know it!

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting