I Can't Believe He's Bragging About This

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Ifishandhunt

RE: I Can't Believe He's Bragging About This

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Getting a little chippy in here.[8|]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:31 am

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Once again.......it's not that he shot what he reasonably thought was a whiteail deer. It's the fact that HE STILL THOUGHT IT WAS A WHITETAIL DEER, ALBEIT A BIG ONE, AFTER HE WAS STANDING OVER IT!!!! And this was from a person who was described as an "experienced" deer hunter.....RIIIIGHT.......

And THAT, my friends, does leave me speechless. If you can't understand that, then I guess there's no further point in me wasting anymore words.

excuse me, did you say something? I wasn't paying attention

Yeah please don't waste anymore words.

Nobody's forcing you to read them. And you don't understand them anyway.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:57 am

ORIGINAL: Ifishandhunt

If I don't pick on him he won't learn anything [:D]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:59 am

ORIGINAL: Ifishandhunt

If I don't pick on him he won't learn anything [:D]

YOU, I'm not concerned with. After all, you only learned how to read a year ago......damn kids......[:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

NEW61375

Postby NEW61375 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:33 am

[quote]ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Once again.......it's not that he shot what he reasonably thought was a whiteail deer. It's the fact that HE STILL THOUGHT IT WAS A WHITETAIL DEER, ALBEIT A BIG ONE, AFTER HE WAS STANDING OVER IT!!!! And this was from a person who was described as an "experienced" deer hunter.....RIIIIGHT.......

And THAT, my friends, does leave me speechless. If you can't understand that, then I guess there's no further point in me wasting anymore words.

[/quote]
Trust me I understand them, it's not like you're putting out anything complex. What I don't get is how some people can't understand that other people might have a different opinion than them and if they do have a different opinion then they are just "kids" who don't get "it". Just for verification I had my 17 year old(whom I do still consider a kid) read the article, he got it and said "wow, that's a lot of meat". He didn't see anything about livestock or bragging either, go figure. Remind me to google"holier than thou" later.....

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:12 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

[quote]ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

[/quote]
Trust me I understand them, it's not like you're putting out anything complex. What I don't get is how some people can't understand that other people might have a different opinion than them and if they do have a different opinion then they are just "kids" who don't get "it". Just for verification I had my 17 year old(whom I do still consider a kid) read the article, he got it and said "wow, that's a lot of meat". He didn't see anything about livestock or bragging either, go figure. Remind me to google"holier than thou" later.....
[/quote]

Woodsy ain't holier than thou he is just a stubborn old man.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:17 pm

LOL! I guess if expecting an "experienced" hunter to know what the hell he shot after it's laying at his feet makes me stubborn or holier than thou, then I guess I wear that title with pride.

And I'll also remember to keep my horses and German Shepard locked up when this guy is deer or coyote hunting by me!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:54 pm

LOL! I guess if expecting an "experienced" hunter to know what the hell he shot after it's laying at his feet makes me stubborn or holier than thou, then I guess I wear that title with pride.

And I'll also remember to keep my horses and German Shepard locked up when this guy is deer or coyote hunting by me!

How else are we supposed to make Shepard stew if you lock up your German Shepard

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Hay guys, lets end this. There has to be better and more important things to talk about. Like I haven't shot a deer yet. Have some decent bucks showing up on camera lately, but at night. Don't know what to expect with this storm here.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Whoa! I skip from the first to 3rd page and find theirs a firestorm inbetween!  I read the article and dont have a problem with it one bit.  I would probably do the same thing.  Shoot it, walk up to it and say what the heck?!  I don't about any of you guys but I sure as heck didn't know anything about red deer before I read the article.  If he accidently shot an elk that'd be different because their easily distinguishable, but even after looking at the picture and being told its a red deer I still see a whole lotta whitetail characteristics in that thing! 
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News