Big Bucks

newhunter2010

Big Bucks

Postby newhunter2010 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:38 pm

alright so let me just start this with im a brand spankin new hunter i just start this season i dont have a whole lot of real exp out in the in the woods. i got my first deer tho already nice 165 lb doe for a first timer i think thats pretty cool. but heres my question and this
is for any one who knows /exp what there talking about

how do i attract some nice buck? whats the best ways to keep a steady flow of buck around my stand/ area more then just sitting in a stand not doing anything but sitting and waiting? theres gotta be some awesome trick that someone knows that could help me see atleast one or two nice bucks

MassMan20

RE: Big Bucks

Postby MassMan20 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:29 am

Newhunter welcome...grats on your 1st deer

How to attract big bucks??...well what I think...

1-It about the land you hunt on...if your land doesn't have big bucks you’re not going to see them.

2-if you’re on land with big bucks...then you have to find were they bed down or the food they eat...look for tracks, rubs, and etc(if u bait..Make sure you always have corn or whatever out)

3-hunt the rut...come November bucks from your land and the land around you are going to be out all day look for hot doe..So try and be in the stand as much as you can.

I hope this help you out...a lot better hunters then me are on this forum so maybe they can add some good stuff.

As for keeping them around...if you have your own land plant crops to make great food(your a NJ hunter so i would guess that you don’t really have this option)...again if you bait(I like corn) make sure you always have the corn out...other than that man I don’t no any tricks to keep them around.

P.S. If big bucks are on your land then they will be around…remember just because you don’t see them doesn’t mean they are not there..

Patriot

RE: Big Bucks

Postby Patriot » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:18 pm

ORIGINAL: newhunter2010

how do i attract some nice buck? whats the best ways to keep a steady flow of buck around my stand/

Welcome to the forum.  I wish I knew the answer to that question.  Still trying to figure that one out after 22 years of hunting.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to New Jersey