Mathews Drenalin

wisbooner3932

Mathews Drenalin

Postby wisbooner3932 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:15 am

Due to money contraints, Im considering buying a brand new Drenalin from someone off craigslist, but I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to via google.  My primary question is: the draw length is 29", is this adjustable at all?  I probably need something more in the range of 30-31" due to my long arms.  On my current Diamond its easily adjustable but I don't know if thats the case for Mathews bows.  Secondly, does anyone have any thoughts on this bow negative or positive?  Its listed at $550 for the bear bow and from the pictures it appears as though its never been used; the owner said they won it in a raffle and already has a bow.  Obviously Im gonna see if I can talk down that price a little bit though.  I know its not your top of the line DXT, Monster or S2 but it looks (and from reviews, sounds) like a perfectly adequate bow.  I'm sure theirs more questions that I can't think of now but thanks. 
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

eberhaar863828

RE: Mathews Drenalin

Postby eberhaar863828 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 pm

I got my Drenalin off of ebay this summer. Love the bow and havent had any problems. It was last made in 2009 i believe. Mine was also never used. I paid $500 for mine. As for the draw length you will need a new cam for your specific draw length if it is not 29''. They are not real expensive and are not real hard to find. I was lucky that mine came with the 29'' cam because that is my draw length.
Ducks

wisbooner3932

RE: Mathews Drenalin

Postby wisbooner3932 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks for your response Eberhaar.  I called around a little bit today to local bow shops to see if anyone had a Drenalin (so I could shoot one thats already set up) but no one had anything, in a RH model anyways.  Secondly, I asked about the draw length and they told me I'd have to get a new cam to for $65.  So then I asked how much they were selling the DXT for just for the heck of it and was told, by the only bow shop that had a RH model in stock, that they were going for $650.  Also if I buy a bow from them they'll set it up and do tune-ups once a year, not to mention the lifetime warranty.  I checked my bank account today and have a little more than I thought, ain't it funny how that works?[:D]  I'm thinking I'll buy a bow from that shop; I'm gonna go there next Tuesday to check them out. 
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

Return to Bows