2010 Season Roll Call

soxfan

RE: 2010 Season Roll Call

Postby soxfan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 am

I am one of the biggest partiers around and I havent even been able to set up a night out for all us hunters to meet. I would love to shoot the shit and swap stories but I have been too busy looking for a job, so dont take it personally, just relax, we'll geter done.
Anyway, has anybody hunted Raminessin? I have been there only three times so far. Our other spot has had us in deer all year so far so havent really wanted to leave it. I got my nice buck and three does outta there so far. Now i have to go to Raminessin because i dont gun hunt and wasnt spending money to get my gun liscence to bow hunt. Rayningblood and I will be there Saturday afternoon.
If anyone wants meet for a few beers let me know.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 pm

ORIGINAL: DeanoZ

Hey all just got back from Ohio and although I ate tag soup all I cans say is WOW!!!  The deer out there are PIGS!!!  My brother and another buddy of mine did a DIY on public land and to be honest it was still good hunting.  Some large, quality deer and huge tracts of public land to hunt.  My one buddy shot a monster 10 pt but we could not find him after 3 days of looking.  it was the biggest buck he'd ever had a crack at, at least a 170-180 class buck and every bit of 250 on the hoof...also witnessed by another hunter.  He ended up taking a huge doe our last day of hunting and I'll be damned if she was not the biggest doe we'd ever seen, bigger than any buck he's shot in Jersey!  We estimated her between 160-170 dressed!!!  Suffice it to say we'll be back there next year!  I saw a few shooters just never had any come within bow range...oh well, maye next year.  So I still have an unfilled Jersey tag, so I'll be schlepping back out next weekend to see if i can close out the year on Jersey deer.  Sox fancongrats again, well done...let me know what ya'll plans are for hunting and swe'll see if we can't meet.  Krawiech, welcome to D&DH, your most welcome to come along!

Hank I'm sorry you feel that way and I hope you do stick around, at least long enough for us to meet you in person.  Truth is I've been OBE (overcome by events) over the last month or so.  When I got back from Ohio one of my coworkers and hunting buddies was let go, and guess who got his workload?  Yours truly...I've not had a chance to come up for air, working late, and on weekends, let along find time to hunt.  So my apologies, if we've been unable to get together its been a rough season.  Having said that for starters (and unless I get dragged away from work) I'm hunting ramenessin this Thursday afternoon (Dec 16th), soxfan saw your post and my apologies but today I've got the kid so could not make it otherwise I'd been there with you today...but let me know how it is...I hunted there 3 times like you early season and gave up with all the joggers and such...maybe by now its subsided.  So I'll be there Thursday afternoon and that Saturday as well...I've not even drawn the bow back on a deer yet this season so its going to be like last season and come down to the wire.  Ok Secondly I propose either this Thursday or Saturday or sometime the following week we meet up for beers.  Not sure what everyones schedule is like and if there is better day let me know..and I don't care where so long as we meet up.  Hank, of course you are welcome to come...I have no dog in the fight, this is not "my" group and I don't make the rules or speak for anyone here.  I enjoy the company of all and compared to some of the other hunters I've come across in NJ, the group we have here on D&DH are down to earth, friendly, and we look after each other....funny thing is none of us has met in person and we all feel that way (I think, lol) ...so that says a lot about this group!  Oh and a lot of us are sox fans too ;)  ...but we don't hold that against anyone, especially yankee fans, lol.  Guys let me know whose in.... Massman  and soxfan thanks!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Deano, good to hear from ya. I know you got alot going on at work but you have to look at it this way...you have a job, alot of us dont and would love to be in your shoes. Rayningblood and I were in the park tonight. Saw 5 does. The first 2 came out and walked dead at the safety zone sign and then walked across field to other woods...smart deer. The next 3 came out from same spot but made left and came right to my corn pile that I put out yesterday. 2 fawns and momma. The fawns came right to the corn and gave me a nice 20 yrd shot but couldnt do it. Momma heard the squirrels or something down in the swamp and she veared off to the corner to look. After a few stomps and snorts she walk away. She was only 25yrds away from me but there are too many vines and twigs between her and me, soooo I had to just watch her walk. Good day. OH I almost forgot, Rayningbloods brother nailed a sweet 8 pointer this morning with the gun. I will try to get a pic on soon... its worth posting. If you are going to the park Thursday I can meet you, just let me know what time and maybe after we can go for a beer.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:14 am

Sox fan, thanks for the reminder...your right I should count my lucky stars I have a job...I'm blessed in that regard and your kind words reminded me of that.  Well it looks like tomorrow is out for me...on both counts, hunting and drinking afterwords...sorry guys, duty calls again.  Next week won't be much better especially with the holidays.  So we'll play this one by ear and if I get a chance to come up for air in between Xmas and New year I'll let you know and we'll set something up.  Sorry fellas, am really looking forward to this...hopefully I'll catch a break soon.  Till then good luck in the woods if you go...keep me posted on your success!!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:45 pm

DeanoZ, sorry you couldnt make it, i could have used your help draggin out. Yes I popped my first doe at Raminessin. I had 7 to choose from, all within 40 yrds. She was the biggest and was perfectly broadside at 34 yrds. My shot was about 3 inches off and I hit her just on the lower shoulder. The reign broadhead was unphased with the shoulder bone and went clear thru. She ran about 60 yards and dropped. I am sure we will hookup soon. Take care of what you got to do, the deer will always be there, and so will all of us.I hope you are going to try and do some winter bow so we will have more chances to meet. OH well, have a great holiday and that goes for everyone!!!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Soxfan that's awesome news, congrats!!!  I knew I should have went out, lol...and I would have been more than happy to help you drag one out!  I'm definitely hunting winter bow and we will definitely hook-up at Rammenessin...am going to try and squeeze one hunt in the week after xmas and am going to shoot for that Thursday 30 Dec...save it on your calendar, hopefully it will be a slower week and I can scoot out early.  Until then Merry Xmas, happy holidays all!

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:08 am

Well I haven't been a member for very long, but I can tell you one thing, I love the forum section. The information & opinions are fantastic. This is one of my learning tools. Anyone new to hunting should check out the forum. You can't get any better of an education than learning from the past failures & accomplishments of your peers.
I hope to make it up to North Jersey for a beer with you guy's.

Have a safe and happy holiday

Bill

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:14 am

P.S

Go PHILLIES, GO EAGLES

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:29 am

Merry Christmas to all!!! We today looks to be a no go, being that they are calling for 30mph winds. Good day to relax at home and prepare for Christmas. Rayningblood and I will be out most days next week so if anyone wants to meet just let us know. They calling for Monday to be windy too sooo we be out tue, wed, thur...definately.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Merry Christmas to you as well Soxfan and to all...yeah bitter wind yesterday for sure.  I'm definitely honing in on this upcoming Thursday 30 Dec to go out...plan to leave work around 2pm, in Ramennessin by 2:30, and up a tree by 3pm...won't be a long hunt but on these late season hunts its in that last 15-30 min of shooting light that the magic happens..or at least I'm hoping, lol.  Sox Fan if you and Rayningblood are going to be there I'll meet you in the Roberts Rd lot.  After the hunt we can grab a beer.  Hank, Bill, Charlie, Massman, would be great if you all could meet up as well...we'll figure out the place, just let us know whose in...be great to do this before this year ends!

PreviousNext

Return to New Jersey