Best TrailCam?

Bobcat264

Best TrailCam?

Postby Bobcat264 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm just getting into using trailcams. This is probably a loaded question, but what is the best deal in trailcams?  Why?
Cuddiebacks seem pretty expensive.? 
I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, just quality photos (day and night).
Thanks,

DeerCamp

RE: Best TrailCam?

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:42 pm

i use a cuddeback excite for mine, i love it.. i got lucky and got it from my gf for x-mas.. however i use to have an old leaf river edge camera, it was amazing, great pics and batteries lasted a long time. they are a lil different now and a lil on the expensive side now.. but if you can find an older version that you have to take the film in to get delvloped its well worth it.. just builds the excitement. if you can get your hands on one of those i would pick that one over any other camera ive used.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:04 pm

I've heard good things about the Cuddeback camera's and I've seen several complaints about them also.They seem to be one of the best camera's out there on the market but their prices are not very afforable.You can find some better deals on them at www.sportsmansguide.com

I have a Moultrie 4.1 digital camera in the camo color and it started out working fairly good but then I have started having lots of misc trouble with it ever since I got it..slow trigger speed,SD card trouble,dead battery and so on to the point that I'm taking it back and either getting my money back or trading it in for a newer or different model of camera? [&:]

frdrck13

Postby frdrck13 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm

I purchased a Moultrie I-40 last year.

This is a great one for the price.
Gives great still pictures and videos.

I'll post some pic's this fall!!!

Can't wait for the season to start!!!

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:34 am

Moultrie D-40...best VALUE out there IMO
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

bigrod357

Postby bigrod357 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:44 am

I purchased a cuddeback no flash and its great, batteries last too.  Also have a Stealth but it uses batteries quickly, got the external battery for it this year to see how that works.  They both take great pictures but the cudde seems to have a faster trigger speed.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:35 am

We use Moultrie's and Wildview.  Both have their good and bad points, Moultrie's being cheap, and Wildview has incredible battery life and range.  Had two Moultries give up the ghost this year, but they're both 3+ years old and at $90 a camera that's not too bad amortized out over the years.

Just read the camera article in the current D&DH magazine, think I'll wait till next year and see what type of prices they have on the cameras that will allow me 24/7 access via a computer.  They're a bit too expensive now, but if [font=arial]Alsheimer[/font] has it right, they might be affordable next year.

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:20 pm

I use a Moultrie I-40 Infared camera.  It's a real good camera for the price.  It is now mid july and i have had my camera in the woods almost non-stop since january and i haven't had to replace the batteries yet. They are still at 75% power.  The picture quality is good most of the time. Overall great camera for the price.

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:59 pm

I've heard that about the Moultrie, but they are always sold out at Cabelas and BPS in St. Louis...can't find them.

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 am

Walmart carries them...about 98 bucks and change
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras