Post Your Fall 2010 Hunt Pictures

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
baddoghunter

RE: Post Your Fall 2010 Hunt Pictures

Postby baddoghunter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:55 pm

I shot a doe in CT on 10/9 and a 8 point buck in NY on 10/30 and a doe in NY on 11/3
My House Is Protected By The Good Lord And Guns.
And You Might Meet Them Both If You Show Up Here Not Welcome Son.

baddoghunter

Postby baddoghunter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:57 pm

I shot a doe in CT and a 8 point buck and doe in NY. Heres a pic of my buck.

My House Is Protected By The Good Lord And Guns.
And You Might Meet Them Both If You Show Up Here Not Welcome Son.

locoman1951

Postby locoman1951 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:57 am

locoman1951

Postby locoman1951 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:03 am

Had a great year more to come , freezer full...

CoG

RE: A couple Va. deer

Postby CoG » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:25 am

Oletimer,
Nice VA deer.  I enjoy seeing other VA kills posted.  I assume you're in the northern part of the state?

Locoman,
Curious about that rifle.  What is it?  You shoot it lefthanded??  Cool looking buck too.

-Benny

Dirt932

Postby Dirt932 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks guys. Theres a lot of nice deer on this forum, hopefully more to come

locoman1951

Postby locoman1951 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:56 pm

Deer are from The Great State of TENNESSEE ..

10PT

Postby 10PT » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 pm

I posted a picture of my deer but didn't have time to tell about the hunt. I always enjoy reading about the hunt as much as seeing pics of the great deer. I hope you enjoy.
It was a good day to hunt but as you all know you need some luck to go with it. [8|] The wind was out of the wnw and the way my blind is positioned it was perfect for the wind. About a week or so before the hunt I found a real nice rub line at the north end of my woods. Very small woods...only 15 acres. He had 4 trees shredded from the ground up to about 4 feet high. When I saw that I knew It was a nice size deer.  The day before I thought I spotted him checking his rub line just inside of the woods to the north about 125 yrs.from my blind but couldn't call him in. On the day of the hunt I went out about an hour and a half earlier then normal and put my bow and gear in the blind and headed to the north end of the woods. Put some doe estrus on a small rag and drag line, went out into the field just north of the woods and walked in a figure 8 in 2 spots and headed for his rub line, hit 3 trees on his rub line and headed back to the blind with the drag line staying to the north west of the blind. Got back out in front of the blind @ about 25 yards and hung an estrus bomb in one tree and the rag in another. Watched 3 does around the north side of the blind for about an hour and a half and just waited. About 4:45 here comes a doe from the north @ about 75 yrds.and the buck right behind her sniffing the estrus from the drag line and sniffing her you know what. As luck would have it she came right in and laid down out in front of the blind @ about 35 yards between my 2 shooting lanes behind some brush and he stood right behind her, nudging her to get up...I didn't have a clear shot at him. This went on for about 30 min. Every once in awhile he looked up at the blind which is about 15 ft. from ground level, but lucky for me he had other things on his mind. [8D] (Try not breathing or moving for 30 min. while this guy is checking you out) [:@]He finally got her up and they started to move to the east. She went right through my northeast shooting lane and he was about 5 yrds. behind her. Neither one was going to stop...so I gave him a grunt (not from a call) just as he entered the shooting lane and he stopped @ about 24 yards between 2 trees looked up at the blind and I took the only shot I knew I was going to get. He got about 85 yards and found him at the north west end of the woods. I consider myself very lucky to get the opportunity to even get a shot at such a nice deer...it could have been just like a lot of hunts where you end up climbing out of the blind at dusk empty handed. You can take all the preperation in the world but you need lady luck on your side. But then again any day in the woods is a great day. 
I also would like to congratulate everyone who landed their deer this season. There have been some really nice deer posted here. I enjoy seeing the pics and reading about the hunt. Keep'm comin.

10PT

IsitInTREES

Postby IsitInTREES » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:26 pm

I was fortunate to tag a buck.  I shot a nice southern Ohio buck.
My wife tagged out in Michigan.  One 10" wide 8 point and a nice 9 point.
Here is her second buck.

Don't focus on the destination, Enjoy the Journey

CoG

Postby CoG » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Here's my "doe" kill photo for this year taken around lunchtime on Christmas Eve.  As I've stated before I prefer to take yearlings and when you do this on the quick sometimes it turns out to be a button.  That's exactly what this little boy was... a southern VA button buck taken on a wildlife management area near a subdivision that has a loads of deer.  One less mouth to feed and he sure isn't bulky, in fact I'd say he's a bit on the scrawny side.  We caught a bunch of does leaving a block being driven and were able to get in front and cut them off.  Mom had me pegged so I had to make a decision quick.  He'll be a tasty treat and believe me we'll be trying to get another one or two off this tract before the 1st.  Merry Christmas everyone!

-Benny

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner