Lawmaker Fined After Bragging About Deer Kill

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
SwampLife

RE: Lawmaker Fined After Bragging About Deer Kill

Postby SwampLife » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Congratulations?
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

viking61

Postby viking61 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Congratulations? For what? For expecting an hunter to read the regulations? Or am I missing something?

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Personally, I don't read too much into this or judge the guy because he made a mistake.  Yes, he's a lawmaker but that doesn't mean he writes every rule.  Should he have known it was illegal?  Absoltuely, and I'm not giving him a free pass just because he's lawmaker.  But at the same time not EVERYONE reads the rules as carefully as they should and this is just another example.  Lawmakers are people too so they are bound to make mistakes. 
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

CoG

Postby CoG » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Highlander Archery,
Exactly!
-Benny

GhilliesandStuff

Postby GhilliesandStuff » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Lawmakwers" write laws for "other" people to follow. Supposedly the "great unwashed". I tried washing for awhile, but it didn't help. I still had to abide by the laws, so I gave it up.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:28 pm

ORIGINAL: GhilliesandStuff

Lawmakwers" write laws for "other" people to follow. Supposedly the "great unwashed". I tried washing for awhile, but it didn't help. I still had to abide by the laws, so I gave it up.

Wrong Sir.
Lawmakers write laws to address issues that are brought to their attention and then lobby hard to get enough support to make these laws a reality. HSUS and other Animal Rights orgs have infiltrated F&G agencies all over the nation and are influencing legislation from within these agencies. They are masters at exploiting the divisions that hunters have created amongst themselves and using catch phrases and buzz words to wedge that divide further open.

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Right on Highlander!

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Dove hunting in MI, Pheasants in NY, Piebald deer in OK, Baiting, Hounds, Crossbows, Mt Lion, Wolves, Bear in NJ and the Rocky Mountain States... The list goes on and on. They find the weakest link and chip away slowly. Say what you want about Ethics, but the direct correlation between hunter infighting over ethics and Animal Rights successes is there for all to see, if you look for it.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Oh and he can pretty much count on not being able to hunt other states.

Inspectorslim

Postby Inspectorslim » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:06 am

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

ORIGINAL: GhilliesandStuff

Wrong Sir.
Lawmakers write laws to address issues that are brought to their attention and then lobby hard to get enough support to make these laws a reality. HSUS and other Animal Rights orgs have infiltrated F&G agencies all over the nation and are influencing legislation from within these agencies. They are masters at exploiting the divisions that hunters have created amongst themselves and using catch phrases and buzz words to wedge that divide further open.

This is partially correct.

Several years ago a family complained about people shooting white deer in their area. They believed that the white deer were "re-encarnated" family members! They raised such a stink that the fore-mentioned law was passed to appease them. I don't believe they were 'masters' - they just squeaked the loudest!

The clause " without specific written permission from the Department Director" is the Wildlife Dept's "out".
To nobodys' knowledge has anyone been denied permission after requesting it. There was a nice white buck taken in the same area a few years ago; the hunter HAD already received permission.

Several of my hunting friends surmissed that if enough people requested permission AT THE SAME TIME there would be a chance the law may be rescinded.

Gary

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News