Carry permit for various states

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
vipertech

Carry permit for various states

Postby vipertech » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:47 pm

I live in NY and have my permit here. Is it possible to get a permit for use in a different state? Say Pennsylvania, or Florida, etc? If it is possible, what has to be done? Has someone here done it?

Also, what happens if I were to move to a new state? Do I have to keep all my guns here in NY until I get a permit in the new state?

I'm just curious really. Was talking about this with a family member.

hunter480

RE: Carry permit for various states

Postby hunter480 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Certain states have "reciprocity agreements" with other states.......you can go to the NRA website and check there to see which states have these agreements with which other states.

As for the other, I can`t state exactly what any state laws say other than Indiana, but I`d guess they`re the same, meaning, you`d have to comply with the laws in the new state before you could legally carry. They`ll want to do their own background check.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

bobow

Postby bobow » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:23 pm

I live in NY and have my permit here. Is it possible to get a permit for use in a different state? Say Pennsylvania, or Florida, etc? If it is possible, what has to be done? Has someone here done it?

Many states have non-resident carry permits.  Florida & Utah seem to be the most popular since they have the most reciprocity with a large number of states.

I have a Florida permit that covers approximately 30 states.  You have to read the regulations for reciprocity because some don't recognize non-resident permits.

For Florida, check the Dept of Ag website.  In Utah I think it is the State Police website.

I just renewed my Florida permit which is now good for 7 years instead of 5.  Since I am a non-resident I have to submit fingerprints & pay the full price compared to a resident.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Check this website www.usacarry.com/

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm

You can get a Non resident PA permit by applying to a County Sheriff office. Please note avoid counties with larger cities except possibly Erie County. 

Return to Guns and Ammo