makes me sick

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
DeerCamp

makes me sick

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:37 am

so after talking to a bunch of people i work with over the last few weeks, ive noticed one thing...they all cheat!!
i couldnt believe the way they hunt, sitting in shacks with spot lights, putting lights in their scopes and sitting all night, and not tagging deer!! heack, one guy even told me a story about how he shot a 6pt last year and was dragging it back to his truck and left it on the road someone took it, so he calls the dnr they find the guy and he gets his deer back. clamming he said it was his "1st" buck and says that he was to excited to tag the deer in the heat of the moment. after that he told me about 3 other bucks he's shot, when yuo can only tag 2 at the most here.  i was even more sick when he told me she shot a jake tom out of his truck going 30. this kinda stuff really makes me sick to my tummy!! is this how hunting has really become? is it like this in your area too? this just makes me sick!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

hunter480

RE: makes me sick

Postby hunter480 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:03 pm

Welcome to humanity dude. It`s truly appaling how low some people are-and I won`t even call them hunters-they`re poachers by defination.

I`ve heard it said, that there are likely as many deer poached any given season as there are killed legally.

And people use all kinds of arguments to rationalize what they`re doing, but bottom line is, they`re stealing from you, from me, and from every other ethical, legal hunter, and they`re a black eye to us all.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:07 pm

i agree hunter... just terriable the one guys even tryin to run an outfitter business on STATE LAND, not only is that stupid..but im really worried that he may encorage others to hunt the way he does by doing this.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Find 'em, fine 'em, and run 'em out of business. 

What I don't get is how could anyone actually enjoy a hunt where you have to be looking over your shoulder all the time?

Maybe that's what they like more than the hunt?

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:43 pm

I deal with these clowns all the time. I hunt some areas that seem to breed that way of thinking.

There has been a lot of talk about antis on this forum, but not much about poachers. IMO, they pose a more immediate, if not bigger threat to us!

Illegal hunters should be among the top targets of all hunting groups.

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Poachers are the one thing I do dread about the upcoming season.  Hate, with these guys is a mild word.  We used to have run ins just about every year and now its started again.  We live and hunt roughly twenty miles of back road from the sheriffs office and roughly fifty from LDF regional HQ.  Being that far back we have some one stop shoppers come through with the thought of every deers a discount.  Last year a friend of mine had a button buck shot in his front field where just 5 minutes before all our kids were riding 4 wheelers.  Things had turned a bit vigilante back when and still are apparently.  Those two poachers did survive what ensued but one got 9 tickets and the other got 13 when the deputies did arrive.  It pays to have a DA for kinflok.  They are 22 years old ....I guess we got another generation coming on.  The funniest sight I ever saw with one of these guys was when a friend of mine caught a guy cutting though his wire one night in texas to remove a deer he had snuck in and shot with a bow....Jim put him in the meat cooler to "think about his sins" & left him there for the night.  The next morning I arrived to hunt and Jim who is in his 80's wanted to show me the varmit he had trapped.  He thought it was funny, the deputy thought it was hilarious and I thought I was glad Jim liked me...... 

Kydeerhunter03

Postby Kydeerhunter03 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Are they here?! Heck yea they are here. I cant stand it. I know way too many people who dont hunt ethically, and it drives me crazy.

They ruin it for people who actually hunt by the rules and do everything correctly. I just dont see how they can enjoy themselves acting the way they do. Spotlighting, Poaching, shooting over the bag limit, hunting during youth only seasons, using rifles during muzzleloader season. Its just crazy and plain stupid.....

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:09 am

dont feel alone this a rampant disease that affects us all. a big problem wvev had in some areas isnt from poachers but from tweekers cookin up crystal meth out in the woods. some have even been using pop up blinds for cover because they go unnoticed during season. had a neighbor take a walk with his wife, they were a few hundred yards from they're house whe he found a gas can, he picked it up and found it was 3/4 full when he opened it to see if it was fuel he realized it anahydrous ammonia. he set it down went to the house called the sheriff and came back to find the can gone! probably being watched the whole time! something to be aware of.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:14 am

Now this is what makes me sad and sick...I thought that problems like this and this bad were a symptom of our area...more turkey ..and buck are taken out of season ...I just love..NOT... the 2 weeks prior to gun season...when "target practice " goes on until after sun down ....then when ya call the DEC they say...ya know it's yote...raccoon ...one guy said it's partridge season...Sooo how hunts partridge at NITE? Untill the pines got big enough and I let the word out I have cameras all over the place ...I'd find arrows in my open field all the time...I'd have to walk it with a metal detector before mowing ....they'er hell on tires...One guy drives while the other stands in bed and shoots!....until Mr. B caught them trying to shoot our goats.....they got the surprise of there lives...One angery... irish ...middle aged woman in a big 4x4 hot on their tails...the guy in back of truck got stuck in rear sliding window trying to get into cab....he had a hell of a ride....My dad in-law has had to uninvite a couple of guys at camp....It's sad but we have to admit there is a problem and help clean it up.....One thing that would help is if the DEC would stop allowing ppl shooting deer with nusiance permits to spot and shoot deer at nite....that way everyone would know who's doing the illegal poaching....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:12 am

It's usually this same moron posse that steals treestands, blinds, and anything else that isn't nailed down.

Why not? Theft, is theft when you're a thief. 

Many years ago, I had some clown steal a hang-on stand that I had put in a tree on our lease. This lazy b*****d actually went through the effort, and trouble of HAULING HEAVY SLAB LUMBER A HALF A MILE THROUGH THE TIMBER IN THE ILLINOIS RIVER BLUFF COUNTRY, so that he could BUILD a ladder in order to steal my stand!!! He left the ladder there!  He could have gotten a job at Mickey D's and EARNED the $$ to buy one with a whole lot less effort.

I would love to see a micro-chip tracking device that could be put on treestands and the like, so that you could call the law and have them go with you to the thief's house just to see the expression on their face, and the alibi they'd try to come up with........

"Why....I have no IDEA how that got here!"
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Next

Return to General Discussions