Summit Viper SS - best deal?

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Proline

RE: Summit Viper SS - best deal?

Postby Proline » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:47 am

I have bought and used a few, Loggy Bayou, API, and now I have an Equalizer.  I have also used a couple others but none were Summits.  I can tell you when I bought the Equalizer it was between that and the Viper. I took the Equalizer for the self leveling feature. In my opinion, there is no such thing as a perfect climber.  Everyone I have used has some sort of feature that is a drawback. Some are to heavy, some dont pack well, some have to many gadgets to fiddle with in the dark, some make more noise than others when climbing or when nested and walking in, some have cumbersome secondary straps and gadgets to fiddle with once you get up the tree, some are great stands but have uncomfortable seats etc. As for the bar in front of you that the Viper has, you will love it.  My API Bowhunter didnt have that and the Equalizer does.  Gives me a greater sense of security in the tree. I also find it great when sitting a long time becuase I can put my feet up on it and shift to a more comfortable position for a few brief mins. I bet you will be happy with the summit.

rudye18

Postby rudye18 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:05 pm

I could have sworn I saw it somewhere for dirt cheap, like 150's range.

I will check work tomorrow, I think that's where I saw the magazine with it in it.

rudye18

Postby rudye18 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Sorry it was a Viper Classic,  it was 139 though if that makes any difference.

Sportsmans Den is where its at, in ohio. They dont have it on their website, you just have to call.

creek bottom

Postby creek bottom » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:43 pm

I have used the viper for about 6 years now and I would not use any other stand. My son is hunting with me now and he is 14 years old and I bought him a viper, its about 23 pounds and he has no problems carrying or setting the stand up. We both bow hunt with it and love the stand. You can get it from the sportsmen guide with free shipping for about $225.00 .

brentedwards

Postby brentedwards » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:29 am

I just bought mine on Ebay for $225 with free shipping from a company called A1 Bargains in Ohio.

Previous

Return to Tree Stands