makes me sick

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
bckklr

RE: makes me sick

Postby bckklr » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:14 am

around here everyone rides 4 wheelers (quads) & shoots deer turkeys h#*% whatever they see off of them giving every one in camo a good rep last year i had a guy shoot a 7pt that i let walk 15 yards from my stand on my side of the fence major confrontation after that
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:21 pm

They must be everywhere. I have called the sheriff on a few spotlighters that I can see from the house. There are road hunters constantly during rifle season, and roadhunter/spotlighters at night. The neighbors have asked the conservation dept. to set on of their robot deer on the property next season to catch all the fools.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:21 pm

We actually had a problem just like that about 10 years ago bordering our property.  They were shooting deer out of season and selling the meat and horns.  A neighbor contacted the DNR and they actually caught the guy and he had to pay hefty fines and could'nt hunt for the next 10 years or something!

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:05 am

I see the Amish every year shoot deer out of season. The women will be out beating on pots and pans and the men shoot as many as they can. What are you suppose to do call the dnr and report them? There Amish its there way of life. I don't agree and have been p!$$ off many year not even seeing deer in season.

All you can truely do is stick to your ethics and teach one another (hunters) the right way. We will never change someones ways unless they them self change.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:55 am

The only thing you can really do is regulate yourself and feel good about doing it right.  Short of that, there really isn't much, people being people are going to cheat, or do things the easy way.  Just don't join them.

In the six seasons we've hunted deer in NW Missouri I have yet to see a game warden, either during season or outside of the season.  I've been told by locals that people who make reports tend to get their property damaged.  I've also been told by my PLC that making a report really doesn't do much good as trespass laws and such are things most prosecuters don't pursue because they have more pressing matters. If there isn't a regulatory presence then not much regulation is likely to take place.

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:07 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

The only thing you can really do is regulate yourself and feel good about doing it right.  Short of that, there really isn't much, people being people are going to cheat, or do things the easy way.  Just don't join them.

In the six seasons we've hunted deer in NW Missouri I have yet to see a game warden, either during season or outside of the season.  I've been told by locals that people who make reports tend to get their property damaged.  I've also been told by my PLC that making a report really doesn't do much good as trespass laws and such are things most prosecuters don't pursue because they have more pressing matters. If there isn't a regulatory presence then not much regulation is likely to take place.

Ranwin33, I've spoken with the MDC officer in our county, via phone. He knew right where my place was but siad it would be almost an hour before he could get up there to look for the road hunter I was reporting. One officer for the entire county during rifle season! he struck me as a well meaning guy, but there was not much he could do.

I have had my property dammaged three times. I do not care. I do not yeild to bullys and one of these days.... Heck, maybe I could leave my truck at your place and have you drop me off one evening. Wouldn't they be suprised??[:D][:D]

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

Ranwin33, I've spoken with the MDC officer in our county, via phone. He knew right where my place was but siad it would be almost an hour before he could get up there to look for the road hunter I was reporting. One officer for the entire county during rifle season! he struck me as a well meaning guy, but there was not much he could do.

I have had my property dammaged three times. I do not care. I do not yeild to bullys and one of these days.... Heck, maybe I could leave my truck at your place and have you drop me off one evening. Wouldn't they be suprised??[:D][:D]

We've been fortunate, our property has been left alone - but from the road it doesn't look like much.  The club to our south get's hit about every 2-3 years, but then they did the reporting thing. 

It would be nice if the MDC guy would at least drive the roads on ocassion during the season, but I don't think even that happens.  You are correct, one officer for a county the size of Harrison definately spreads him too thin.  I've never met the guy, but was told a couple years back he was stationed in our county while he finished his last few years before retirement.  Could be wrong, but that was what the farmer who sold us our place said.

I was up to the farm last weekend, thought about driving by your place, but didn't have the location with me.  Next time I'll bring the Google map. 

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:12 am

I had to call DEC about dogs eating a live deer on a road a mile from us....while talking he told me his area was ...now get this....an imaginary line through lake onterio.... north of Rochester N.Y down to the P.A. border...hell you guys are lucky to have one per county...[8|]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:32 pm

poachers are thieves and ya should turn em in. Everyone knows about it. but....
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:30 pm

its not that easy to turn em in here.. granholm keeps getting rid of the dnr here.. lol theres like 2 in the whole state..well not that bad, but real close. i have thought about turning him in if he tells me about another deer hes pretty much poached this year during season.. im just scared my name will get out since i work with a lot of these guys too..
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions