michigan hunters

bigg65

RE: michigan hunters

Postby bigg65 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:51 pm

i,m hunting lansing area and ive seen bucks just about every day i,m out. but there ether to far out or not in my shooting lanes, it really driving me nuts, had a nice 10 point 5 yrds away and i couldnt get a shot because of limbs in the way, there in full rut now so maybe one will mess up and walk in front of me bafore gun opener

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:32 am

if not get them monday morning only chance

ORIGINAL: bigg65

i,m hunting lansing area and ive seen bucks just about every day i,m out. but there ether to far out or not in my shooting lanes, it really driving me nuts, had a nice 10 point 5 yrds away and i couldnt get a shot because of limbs in the way, there in full rut now so maybe one will mess up and walk in front of me bafore gun opener
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

forkhorn

Postby forkhorn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:32 pm

[:(] I hunted in montmorency county dmu 487. there were very few gun shot's heard for the 7 day's i hunted. nobody hunt's this area anymore because of the very,very liberal doe permit's in the past several year's. the d.n.r.e wanted to wipe out the deer heard ! i hope they are happy they wiped out the deer heard. it is a shame the d.n.r.e is only interested in money and not the health of the deer heard here in michigan.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:26 am

there not gone they are nocterinal already because of early gun which is stupid

ORIGINAL: forkhorn

[:(] I hunted in montmorency county dmu 487. there were very few gun shot's heard for the 7 day's i hunted. nobody hunt's this area anymore because of the very,very liberal doe permit's in the past several year's. the d.n.r.e wanted to wipe out the deer heard ! i hope they are happy they wiped out the deer heard. it is a shame the d.n.r.e is only interested in money and not the health of the deer heard here in michigan.
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 am

ORIGINAL: badtoys

there not gone, they are nocturnal already because of early gun which is stupid

ORIGINAL: forkhorn

Thank you badtoys and forkhorn, you boys been reading my mail.

The hunting has been VERY area specific in Michigan this year. Many reports of good activity in some areas (mostly north of Lansing) with NO deer just a mile or county away. I've put in over 80 hours on stand between bow and gun and have only seen a handful of deer and no bucks. The 150 shots I heard in the first two hours of the 2009 gun opener tell me enough. The deer have virtually been wiped out where I hunt and the lucky survivors have gone nocturnal because of the early gun season and increased bow/crossbow pressure. The lack of sign in my area indicates that there aren't very many left on the nocturnal side of the page either.

Nice job DNR...hope there's a "quality of hunt" question on the hunter satisfaction survey this year. Tossers.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it."
Teddy Roosevelt

CB375HH

Postby CB375HH » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Excellent season for my group of hunters. My Dad shot his largest buck (173 lb dressed 8 pointer) and so did my uncle(17 inch wide 8) on two different properties. They both have been hunting for over 30 years. There are alot more big deer being killed in MI now. My best friend and his brother both shot big 8's one 17.5 wide the other 19.5 wide!!!! They hunt in SW MI.  I also have a friend who shot a 155 inch buck that dressed 210! My other uncle shot a 8 and a half a rack buck with 6 points on one side up in Charlesvoix. My friend who has property in the TB area has trail cam pics of 120-145 inch deer. That was unthinkable a few years ago.  That all being said there areas that WAY to many does have been taken. MI needs deer regeistration so the DNR have a clue on what is taken. One size fits all deer manegement does not work. My one buddy saw 60 antlerless deer opening day. My uncle saw 2 deer all day clearly one area needs more does taken and the other area shouldnt have doe permits

Previous

Return to Michigan