Whitetail Addictions Star Convicted

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

Whitetail Addictions Star Convicted

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:33 am

Andrae D'Acquisto, a self-admitted whitetail addict, is best known for killing trophy deer on his commercial DVD's as well as on the television program "Whitetail Addictions" produced by Lone Wolf Productions.

Ashley D'Acquisto, 24, of St. Francis, Wisconsin also pled guilty to hunting deer without a valid Illinois habitat stamp and was fined a total of $205.00. All remaining charges were dismissed in accordance with the plea agreement.

In September 2010, two Tennessee hunters associated with Andrae D'Acquisto pled guilty to making salt or mineral available for deer on the Menard County property in 2009. Danny L. Gibson, 47, of Anderson, TN and Dewayne H. Gibson, 41, of Caryville, TN were each fined $205.00 for the baiting violations. The remaining charges were dismissed.

In 2005, Andrae D'Acquisto was cited for fraudulently obtaining Illinois resident hunting licenses, resident deer permits and providing false information to obtain an Illinois driver's license in Cass County. D'Acquisto ultimately pled guilty to an amended charge of obstructing a peace officer and was fined a total of $2,000 in Cass County.

http://outdoornews.com:80/illinois/news ... 03286.html
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

MikeinMO

RE: Whitetail Addictions Star Convicted

Postby MikeinMO » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Criminals! Right there on your TV screen in broad daylight! First Ted Nugent sprinkles smelly stuff, and now these guys take crime to new heights and sprinkle SALT around. Deer will be dropping dead of high blood pressure right and left. Where's the justice?

And here I thought Al Queda was the biggest threat to our national security!

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 pm

I'm a firm believer in following the law, so what these guys did was technically wrong. However, putting out mineral licks is legal in most states, and is far short of baiting with food, which is also legal in many places. Sounds like one of those perfect cases where the law doesn't necessarily define ethics, as Uncle Ted has said!

MikeinMO

Postby MikeinMO » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:33 pm

The authorities say: "ignorance of the law is no excuse"
I say: "There's no excuse for ignorant laws".
Ignorant laws only happen when we the people fall asleep at the switch. Hunters who don't take action when their DNR / FWS agencies start making stupid rules are to blame for this stupidity.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Not allowing bait piles is not necessarily a stupid law. If you can't hunt deer without a corn pile then you're not much of a hunter. Every state I've lived in did not allow bait, and we never seemed to have a trouble killing deer.

I guess we just were too dumb to know what we were missing! [;)]

What bothers me about the above report is these were just what these "addicts" were CAUGHT DOING. It makes one wonder what other "dumb" laws they thumb their noses at....night shooting, not buying tags, etc. I mean, they're TV stars, and therefore don't have to follow the same laws that us peasants do.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

bowman12

Postby bowman12 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:35 am

Laws are laws whether you agree with them or not, and if you want to break them you're risking a fine and even more so for TV stars, tarnished reputations. I liked there show too, I don't know if I'll still watch it, but what a dissapointment. If you put yourself in the "starlight" you gotta be more concious of what you're doing because you have so much on the line. If I was supporting my family with a hunting show I sure wouldn't risk getting caught doing something illegal to take that away from them.
The salt is one thing, but the license issue is more of an issue for me, it was in 05, and now he got caught again for mineral licks and bait, it kind of sounded like bait and mineral licks. Like WW said, so what's next?

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:04 pm

I agree that I have more issues with the license law breaking, and if they did in fact bait with feed I'm very disappointed. I always thought they had one of the best shows going, and this no doubt diminishes their success in my eyes.

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

If you can't hunt deer without a corn pile then you're not much of a hunter.

I assume you think of yourself as an elitest hunter? Just because I may hunt over a pile of corn does not mean that I am any LESS of a hunter than you are. Do you hunt food plots? Do you use doe estrus scent to bring in bucks during the rut? Do you use calls to try to lure in a buck? You elitests crack me up. I assume you make your own bow and arrows out of natural products? With your elitest mindset, I must not be much of a hunter if I use a compound bow with expanding broadheads or any other modern products. You guys need to get over yourselves. Who are you to tell someone they are not much of a hunter because they do something you don't. If it's legal, go for it. Get a grip. 

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:05 pm

I can see any number of convicted felons on television any night of the week, just turn on any professional basketball or football game.  Why should hunting shows be any different?

SCHINK

Postby SCHINK » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:41 pm

yep......will be watching one this week.....on the PHIL. EAGLES  [:D]
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Next

Return to Breaking News