Carbon Express Arrows?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
gunther89

Carbon Express Arrows?

Postby gunther89 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:54 am

I've been looking to upgrade my arrows that I have now and from what i've read, Carbon Express arrows seem to be the best on the market.  I was thinking of getting the maxima 250's but what does everyone think about Carbon Express arrows?  Are they a good arrow or would you recommend going with something else.
Scott

bowboxer

RE: Carbon Express Arrows?

Postby bowboxer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:17 pm

they are good but the price kills me. i shoot the easton axis nano. they work great for me.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I like carbon express, I've shot them for several years. I shot the Maximas for a couple years, they're great arrows. However, for hunting purposes, I don't see any difference in toughness or accuracy between the Maximas and some less expensive ones. This last year I shot some Goldtips, they were $44 for six arrows. You'll pay more like $70 for half a dozen Maximas, if I recall right. You can't go wrong, in my opinion, with carbon express, but I've shot several kinds of Goldtips and Eastons with just as much performance, and they were much easier on the pocket book. There are other good arrows out there too, those are just a couple that I have personally used.

B1gbuck

Postby B1gbuck » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:20 pm

[color="#006633"]I would recommend the carbon express maxima's arrows.Just remember that the maxima 250 is recommended for bow poundage of 51-60 pounds,61-70 pounds is recommended for maxima 350;per Carbon Express website.Remember you get what you pay for,so if you invest $800.00 in a bow,why would you not shoot the best arrow on the market.Also referring to your other thread about shooting with one or both eyes open,shoot with both eyes open. [/color]
John Beckworth

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

I agree that when you invest money into a good weapon, you should use quality ammo and accessories, but I also believe there's a limit to how much that extra money will take you. In this particular case, if I can shoot the same groups with arrows I paid $45 for as I can for the arrows I paid $120 for, why pay so much more when I get the same results for less? Carbon Express makes great arrows, but keep in mind that at some point you start paying for the brand name, and dead is dead, no matter whose name is on the shaft. Also, every set up and shooter is different. Depending on your whole set up, you might find that one brand of arrow just shoots better than others, so keep your options open.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 am

I've been shooting the Carbon Express CX Hunter 200 Advantage Classic for 5 or 6 yrs now, with no problems what so ever. This model is a camoflage arrow. It was a great step up from aluminums. The CX had a good reputation at that time, that is why I went to them. When ever I go to a new bow or arrows I like to try diff. weight ranges to see which fly best.

Have heard some good things about the new CX PileDriver. If you are in touch with an archery shop, some will let you try diff. arrows and weight ranges to satisfy yourself.

Have you shot the new 2" blazer vanes? I tried one, every once in a while, a little eratic and off bullseye. Stuck to my 4" vanes. More forgiveing and more accurate as far as I'm concerned.

Realistickly, the diff. brands are probably all compareable. It's all about what flies out of your bow the best. That's why I recommend trying diff. ones if possible. 
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:00 am

I've shot maxima 350's for a few years and my only complaint is I've had some break about 4 inches below the vanes. I don't know why,but I heard from others the same thing. I also like the gold tip pro arrows they have a straghtness of 001and fly awesome. Also the Easton full metal jackets, there are alot of great arrows out there.

hope this helps.
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 pm

I shoot Carbon Express Maxima 350's and have had no problems.

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

bowhuntr15

Postby bowhuntr15 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:14 pm

REDHEAD Carbon Fury arrows:  Carbon express makes them for Bass Pro.  I had a set of the CE Maximas 250's.  Awesome product.  HOWEVER.  When I shot them AND the CF's I saw NO difference.  Maybe "scientifically" there is one..., but not an average hunter/shooter's naked-eye, like myself.  Almost 1/2 the cost.  Good Luck?
"Perseverance, Practice, Integrity"

Return to Archery and Bowhunting