Anyone use this stuff

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
GTOHunter

RE: Anyone use this stuff

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm

During the Summer months I have taken one of those 20-30lb feed blocks and poured the Apple Flavored Buck Jam on it and they worked it over pretty good,then I poured some of the Jam in the same spot and they hit it even better the following year after it soaked into the ground.I've used the C'mere Deer and it didn't any good as far as I could tell?Now a friend of mine brought a mixture of 3 different type minerals and we dug up some ground and mixed it all together and the deer have been hitting it a lot and pawing up the ground.I also put out a salt block which is legal here in Mo. and the Deer hit it all year!

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:35 pm

4 years ago, I bought Deer Cain Black Mag and placed in one spot near a popular rub line. That was in Sept. and Didn't see anything there all season except for the ususal rubs, again. In March while looking for sheds, I noticed some deer had been pawing and eating at the sight and I replaced another bag of powder. By next season, there was a hole 2 1/2 ft wide and 1 1/2 ft deep where the mineral sight had been. THAT STUFF WORKS! We stopped using the stuff because a friend told us he thought it was illegal in Illinois. I don't think that's right, but I read somewhere that mineraL sights can spread disease quickly among a herd. I doubt it helps the horns grow an better, but they do love it!

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:38 pm

If you use it, spread it out good and expect for there to be little to no use until the rain has bleached it somewhat... the deer won't just come up and lick the powder. And ya gotta put it where ya know the deer are at!

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:57 am

Thats for all the great advice, I'm still on the fence about trying this kind of stuff. Anyone try it with a decoy?

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:05 pm

I've used mineral licks and the deer tore them up,BUT,I never saw them.I think they did it at night.I still use it, it helps them grow better antlers and is better for the does.

nmichwilson

Postby nmichwilson » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:11 pm

used deer cocaine were in n. mich with no luck . never tried come here deer my self but friends have had good luck.

burnnurse1

Postby burnnurse1 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Sometimes it takes a little time, but they will eventually find, and eat the soil that the deer caine is in. I think it works great personally, but have never really had much success with the c'mere deer. What about the acorn rage? whats the verdict on this stuff?

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:41 am

any supplemental feeding,mineral blocks ,or other attractants is indeed 100% illiegal in illinois. this law was passed about 5 or 6 years ago due o the spread of cwd. why does every store with a sporting goods dept sell the stuff? i dont know. however before it was illegal i used deercaine every spring and summer with tremendous results. i do believe that deer are only attracted to these sites during certain times of the year i:e: fawning,lactating, antler growing times. much like scents its not going to be the magic answer to scoring that monster buck.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:05 pm

You might want to try a 5 lb bag of sugar and a couple canisters of table salt poured over a rotted stump. I've done it in a couple places and the stumps become holes. I do think go at night though. Who knows. Good luck with it.
From those who much is given, much is expected

passin through

Postby passin through » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:24 pm

Burn-  I tried the Acorn rage last year and was a total bust.  The only thing i've ever really had success of any sort with was C'mere Deer...and I'm not sure on it...the last two bucks i've killed were off of stands where it had been out but was not out right then....?  Who knows?  Would not blow anymore money on the acorn stuff though....

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions